Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shovel Knight

Game » consists of 36 releases. Released Jun 26, 2014

An action-platformer paying homage to 8-bit classics like Mega Man and Castlevania. It is developed by a small group of former WayForward employees, with funding through Kickstarter.

He moves so slow it ruins the game for me...

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By frymillstrum

Does anybody else feel this way? It's really dragging down the experience for me. Shovel Knight walks so slowly, it makes it hard to get a real sense of pace/movement. It takes 8 seconds to cross a screen and it feels so slow, I was expecting a Mega Man speed, this speed makes the game drag, it feels sluggish and heavy, I feel like my movement is weighed down. Everything else about the game is awesome but the movement speed is bumming me out.

MaikuKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It feels like original Megaman speed to me. If he moved faster, there'd be no platforming unless you killed his jump which wouldn't make the game very fun.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I noticed his slow acceleration when I first started playing especially having come off of playing Rogue Legacy. Got used to it pretty fast though. Love the game so far I'm a little over half done I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.