Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shovel Knight

Game » consists of 36 releases. Released Jun 26, 2014

An action-platformer paying homage to 8-bit classics like Mega Man and Castlevania. It is developed by a small group of former WayForward employees, with funding through Kickstarter.

Oh my goodness, this screen seems impossible.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

What do I do?!? I can't pogo without the floor falling out from under me. Am I being stupid? What is the trick here?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By omniscientcajun

You can attack mid-air out of a pogo to break the pogo.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. I'm just being stupid. Great. GREAT.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By omniscientcajun

@omniscientcajun said:

No worries, duder. I feel that way often in games. Portal 2 had me shaking my head at my tunnel-vision/forgetfulness.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@omniscientcajun said:

@viciousbearmauling said:

@omniscientcajun said:

No worries, duder. I feel that way often in games. Portal 2 had me shaking my head at my tunnel-vision/forgetfulness.

it took me almost half an hour to beat the spectral knight because I basically forgot that I can even do the pogo attack, so yeah...

Is it just me or is this game actually difficult?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@dimi3je: It can be challenging, but difficulty complaints tend to come from comparing it to old NES games.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

Yeah, that's the one thing that's kind of annoying with the pogo shovel is how you can't cancel it unless you do a normal attack. If you release down, you'll still have your pogo move going, so in order to stop breaking blocks you want to land on, you have to attack in the air. They pull this trick on you a few other times in the game, so stay vigilant about it! Good luck.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh that screen lol yea that stumped me a couple of times until I managed to get through it sort of by accident.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was stuck on the last phase of Tinker Knight because I was waiting for the missiles and didn't realize I had to pogo the grenades.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Patrick saying that this game was easy is insane. The game is not extremly difficult, but is still pretty hard in spots. I completed Super Meat Boy 100% and still thought some of Shovel Knight's levels were hard.

No hate on Patrick eh.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBlue

@fear_the_booboo: The game isn't terribly difficult, but I think Patrick's definition of easy is skewed. As someone who constantly plays challenging platformers like Spelunky and 1001 Spikes, comparatively he would call this game easy. I definitely had a couple trouble spots that took me some time to get past and I think that's the case with everyone.

He did mention dying frequently and hitting trouble spots so I don't think his "easy" is most people's "easy".

Also, there's a glitch in the 3DS version where after you beat Tinker Knight's first phase, you'll fall down to the second arena but still be in the victory animation. I guess it softlocked the game as I couldn't do anything but I was invincible so I had to reset. Huge bummer that I had to redo the entire stage, but it only happened that one time. Anyone else get this?

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

@theblue: Yeah you're right. Compared to Super Meat Boy too it was easy but it's not an easy game. He said himself that HE wanted an harder game but did not find the difficulty to be a real problem in itself so it's all good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.