Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 23, 2014

A sci-fi spin-off from the Civilization series that takes place on a distant planet.

Just started a new game on Funk-404h, a Protean world

dr_mantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

What weird ass planet names did you get?

Also, I know I'm gonna have to play for longer to know how I like it. Anyone else have any first impressions?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

Mine was just an unimpressive series of letters from what I remember. I've also been stuck on the first couple turns looking around trying to find how to make the tile resource icons permanently visible on the map. Anyone figure this out yet? Its not in the options and its not hitting R or Ctrl+R like it was in Civ V. Other than me obviously overlooking something that's likely very simple, I've enjoyed my first twenty or so turns. I got a pretty decent landing spot with no nests, some xenomass, and some floatstone among other things. Also, the in game music is surprisingly cool.

Edit: Sure enough, I found it as soon as I posted a question about it. For anyone else who's as oblivious as me, there is a little eye in the top left of the map that brings up a map option menu. Wish they made that a little more clear, but all is good now.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

only an hour already but i can already feel my life force draining. space fucking roolz. spaaaaaaaaaace.....

i know it doesn't fall far from the civ 5 tree but how is more civ in any way/shape/form a bad thing, ever?

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Honkalot

Was happy to see the small file size so this installed in like 10 minutes, can't wait to crack into it!

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Johnson 420.

It was an archipelago world with tons of resources. For my second game I might actually turn the resources down to sparse, because with them being everywhere you lose out on those interesting geo-economic constraints.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.