Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 31, 1999

Compete as one of seven ideological factions vying for control of a distant planet in the Alpha Centauri star system while uncovering the secrets of the planet they inhabit.

Fun balance between automation and manual management?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I should preface this by saying that I have no past experience with "civ" games.

I bought this game a week or so ago from GOG and I am not having much fun with it yet, mostly because I tend to put the units on "auto", switch on the base governors and essentially watch the game play itself, occasionally dealing with the other faction duders.

The thing is, I want to do more stuff manually, but I don't know which parts are fun to micromanage by hand and which are just tedious -- there is so much going on, I simply don't know where to begin. Everything seems to have a load of functions and it is just a tad overwhelming.

How do you guys suggest playing the game to get the most out of it? Are there any good beginner tutorials out there?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

This is something I've been having trouble with too. I know there's a fantastic game there somewhere, but it just seems like an uphill battle trying to work out how to best play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.