Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 22, 2008

Sid Meier's 1995 turn-based strategy game about the European colonization of the New World gets remade as a standalone expansion to Sid Meier's Civilization IV.

Is this how all Civs are?

Volgin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Volgin13

This is my first Civ game I've owned and played. It is very difficult to know what to do and doesn't communicate very well to me what to do at all. Are all Civ games like this?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By FreakAche

Colonization started out as an entirely different game series than Civ. The most recent one used the Civ IV brand in the title in an attempt to market it better, but from my understanding, it's still a very different thing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Colonization is more focused and linear than Civ. It shares similarities for certain, and the remake uses the Civ IV engine, but it's still different enough that it can't really be called a real civilization game. Nonetheless, it's pretty rad, all the same.

Volgin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Volgin13

So is vanilla Civ 4 easier to play?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.