Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 25, 2005

The fourth official installment of the empire-building turn-based strategy game Sid Meier's Civilization, adding 3D graphics, a simpler user interface, and numerous gameplay enhancements.

downgrading from civ5 to civ 4

LukeSkywaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LukeSkywaka

i just got civ5 yesterday and ive never been addictive to a game as much as that one, i played for atleast 8 hours sraight.

problem is im playing on a 2010 MacbookPro and its running pretty sluggish now that im deeper in the game and map has expanded VASTLY.

im thinking of getting civ4 instead since its older and my MBP should be able to handle those specs better.

will getting civ 4 too much of a downgrade?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

@LukeSkywaka said:

i just got civ5 yesterday and ive never been addictive to a game as much as that one, i played for atleast 8 hours sraight.

problem is im playing on a 2010 MacbookPro and its running pretty sluggish now that im deeper in the game and map has expanded VASTLY.

im thinking of getting civ4 instead since its older and my MBP should be able to handle those specs better.

will getting civ 4 too much of a downgrade?

Civ 4 has more content in it, it's just not as streamlined, if you like 5 you'll like 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.