One More Turn

#1 Edited by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

I'd always heard of people using this phrase to describe this game, and I figured it was used lightly.  It's just about 1:00 AM, and I've been playing for four hours.  I actually didn't even realize the time.  What's the most amount of time you've played this for a single session?

#2 Posted by DreamR (50 posts) -

6 hours. But that's nothing compared to the amount of time I consistently lost in earlier civ games, where a six hour session was considered short, and the norm was around 9 hours without a break (except to grab food/drink or go to toilet).

#3 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I've played it roughly nine or so hours straight before.

#4 Edited by PitifullPete (145 posts) -

I can't really remember, but I'm pretty shure I played it at least once for a whole day. Which is 12-14 hours or something.

To buy Civ IV  special edition with the 2 expensions is one of the best investments anyone has evermade in humankind.
#5 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Back in college, my roomates would just set up the game so when I got home, it was my turn already.

God I didn't sleep from Friday til Sunday.

#6 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

I haven't played any of the Civ games but I have played Alpha Centauri... I've had my share of "one more turn..." moments.

#7 Posted by GamesWarden (59 posts) -

Bought Civ 4 with Beyond Sword and Warlords recently. Wanted a slightly older game that would run well on my laptop. Can't believe I didn't pick this up earlier, never played a game so addictive.

My sessions are typically not shorter than 3-4 hours, longest was probably about 8 hours, but not sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.