Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization IV

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 25, 2005

The fourth official installment of the empire-building turn-based strategy game Sid Meier's Civilization, adding 3D graphics, a simpler user interface, and numerous gameplay enhancements.

Should I pick up the Civ 4 complete pack for ten bucks?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArchScabby

Ok, I've never played a civ game in my life, also I've pretty much never played a strategy game in my life, at least not very much.  But the Civ games  have always interested me a ton, so do you think  this Civ 4 pack would be a good idea for me?  I mean it's only ten bucks so I'll probably get it anyway because even if I hate it I'm only out ten bucks.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @ArchScabby said:
    "... I mean it's only ten bucks so I'll probably get it anyway because even if I hate it I'm only out ten bucks. "
    Sounds like a good reason to me. 

I've never played a Civ game either though so I can't really give any insight on the actual game.
    spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3  Edited By spiceninja

Absolutely. Getting all of that for $10 is an amazing deal and will last you hundreds if not thousands of hours.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

It's really complicated. Especially if youve barely played any strategy games (like me) but I did get a rough handle on things after playng civ rev on the 360. You have to spend a few days playing it to get everything down but after that it's a ton of fun (I never play it though because my PC can just barely play it)

theduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By theduke

buy it
    it takes a while to figure out all the mechanics but even playing blindly will keep you enthralled
    incredibly excellent game and deal

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jimbo

Do what I do with most of the Steam sale games: buy it and then never get around to playing it.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArchScabby

Alright well thanks guys I paid the ten bucks and bought the game.  So I'm assuming I should start with the basic Civ 4 and then move on the the expansions later right?

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By jos1ah

Awww shit. Is it really 10 bucks?  ...Thanks for spreadin the word, asshole.  Now I get to spend my weekend tryin not to add another game to my ever-growing pile of shame.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArchScabby
    @jos1ah said:
    " Awww shit. Is it really 10 bucks?  ...Thanks for spreadin the word, asshole.  Now I get to spend my weekend tryin not to add another game to my ever-growing pile of shame. "
    Sorry ;(
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Brunchies

Yes, you'll probably never play them but its only 10 bucks.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Illmatic

Yeah, I'm in your shoes here. I've never played the game before but spent the money seeing as it was a game I keep hearing about and it was cheap. So far, after only spending about a half hour into it I must say I'm completely lost as to what's going on but I'm willing to give it a week for something, no matter how small, to click with me.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Marz

civ 3 complete is only a $1.25 right now on steam,  either game is definately worth the $$$ right now.  Sure it takes awhile to get into the game but it's probably the deepest turn based strategy game you'll find on the market

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.