Civilization Revolution DS

#1 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I was just curious if anyone here has played it and what they think about the game. I played the demo on XBL and really liked the game but would much rather have a portable version...so I was just curious if the DS version is as good as the 360/PS3 version and if it's similar or not...

Thanks

#2 Posted by sloppyjoe (405 posts) -

I think it's pretty similar, except no Civilopedia.  Haven't played myself though.

#3 Posted by Chaos (95 posts) -

I just bought the game today. heres my quick impresion. Having only played  Civ in the PC, i can say this feels just like that . The game play is just like other versions. Of course the graphics are no PC graphics. Other than that I can not think of anything huge down thing about this version.

#4 Posted by eightbit (123 posts) -
Chaos said:
"I just bought the game today. heres my quick impresion. Having only played  Civ in the PC, i can say this feels just like that . The game play is just like other versions. Of course the graphics are no PC graphics. Other than that I can not think of anything huge down thing about this version.
"
So, would you say you recommend it?
#5 Posted by Chaos (95 posts) -

Yeah i do, kinda forgot to mention that. Recommended for any one that been waiting for Portable Civ game.

#6 Posted by ExoM7 (173 posts) -

If you've played Civ before on PC, you just have to get used to the fact that it's basically a completely different game.

But it's fun taken on its own.

#7 Posted by Bettenfutter (31 posts) -

I played this game on the DS, its got good game play, but it lacks soul.  There's not alot of music and there's no video to speak of.  I play CIV IV on the pc alot and i quite like the Wonder movies.  The lack of a civilopedia is also a big let down.  I didn't realise how much i use it in the pc game before i played this!  I think they got the game play just right for a console, and if you want to play civ on the go, then this won't let you down, but based on the souless nature of it and the lack of civilopedia, i wouldn't recommend this game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.