24 hour deal! Civ5 for just 12% + 5$ refund! (8,99 euro)

#1 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -

EDIT: The 24 hour sale is over,


 
Civ 5 is $11.98/8.99€/£5.99 from Greenman Gaming for 24 hours. You can use a referral link to get $5 store credit back, 
You receive a Steam Serial key in the mail, long live the age of digital distribution, 20 minutes later i was playing.  

The following link should give you a 5$ refund in your store wallet after purchase to spend on other stuff like a copy of magicka wich is exactly 4.88 atm
Following the link does not give any feedback as far as i could see that you will get the refund, it just works.
 
updated: Referral link:  http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=zexuhubo
#2 Posted by SSully (4128 posts) -

Well if you don't own civ yet then you should jump on this. It is a steamworks game so I believe you can just use the code this site gives you and tie it to your account.

#3 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

Have they fixed the game yet? Last time I played it, the game crashed every half hour or so.

#4 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -
@endless_void said:

Have they fixed the game yet? Last time I played it, the game crashed every half hour or so.

Well considering a game this popular would have been torn apart by the media if that were the case and that a match can take upwards of 8 hours on a large map my guess would be if that issue ever existed it has long been patched and/or your personal computer just has issues.
 
hell even on the quick look that's shot in its first week after release makes no mention of it.
#5 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

thanks dood. i didn't get any credit, but whatever. good deal.

#6 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Thanks for the tip. 
Didn't get any credit, but it seems like they charged me less than 8,99€, so I'm still happy.

#7 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

I think Giant bomb needs a "Deal Thread".

#8 Edited by Questionable (619 posts) -
@Toms115 said:

thanks dood. i didn't get any credit, but whatever. good deal.

Thanks for the feedback, i have updated the refferal code, im sorry you missed on the additional 5$ bucks but it should now work for all people
 
@Seedofpower said:

I think Giant bomb needs a "Deal Thread".

Yeah its pretty much the only reason i visit the steam forums, tons of deals being discussed daily hehe
#9 Posted by Mikemcn (6958 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

I think Giant bomb needs a "Deal Thread".

I concur

#10 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@Questionable said:
@Toms115 said:
thanks dood. i didn't get any credit, but whatever. good deal.
Thanks for the feedback, i have updated the refferal code, im sorry you missed on the additional 5$ bucks but it should now work for all people
it's no big deal. i got civ v for £5.99. that's a great deal with or without extra credit.
#11 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Does the referral link work even though you already have an account? 
I have a feeling that was why we didn't get any credit when I bought it.

#12 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -
@MaFoLu said:
Does the referral link work even though you already have an account? I have a feeling that was why we didn't get any credit when I bought it.
that just made so much sense i had to facepalm for my earlier statement.
#13 Posted by PenguinDust (12453 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:

@Seedofpower said:

I think Giant bomb needs a "Deal Thread".

I concur

Yeah, although you could just visit Cheapassgamer.com.  This deal is on the front page there, as well, alongside a dozen others.  Plus, if you join the site, they'll email you when a deal on a specific game you're looking for surfaces.  Still, I know folks (like me) are lazy and don't visit every site all the time, so some referral thread might be a good idea.  Perhaps a "sticky" of some sort.
#14 Edited by MattyFTM (14345 posts) -

It's showing as £19.99 for me. I guess this was a pricing mistake that has since been fixed.

EDIT: it actually seems like might have been a real deal and it has ended. Oh well.

Moderator
#15 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 
 
I fucking missed it. God fucking dammit.

#16 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:

It's showing as £19.99 for me. I guess this was a pricing mistake that has since been fixed.

EDIT: it actually seems like might have been a real deal and it has ended. Oh well.

Yeah it was a real deal, they even edited the frontage to say they were expecting it to go viral and  put one of their admins on standby just in case.
All in all it was a pretty good publicity stunt if the twitter activity was any indicator.
#17 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

@Azteck:

Its on sale again! Even cheaper!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v

$10! activates on Steam.

#18 Posted by MetalBaofu (1352 posts) -
@Forcen said:

Its on sale again! Even cheaper!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-CIV5/sid-meiers-civilization-v

$10! activates on Steam.

Nice...thanks for posting that.  I'll probably grab it in a couple days.
#19 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

@metalhead87: I think the sale lasts all week, but im not sure.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Forcen said:

@metalhead87: I think the sale lasts all week, but im not sure.

its 6.78 funny "E" Things right now. 
#21 Posted by MetalBaofu (1352 posts) -
@Forcen said:

@metalhead87: I think the sale lasts all week, but im not sure.

Yeah...the site says the sale ends in 6 days, 16 hours.
#22 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Forcen: Oh my god. I can't thank you enough for telling me. Just bought it
#23 Posted by Forcen (1804 posts) -

Just bought the game, regged the key through steam. But it seems like you can download it through gamersgate.

I assumed it requred steam? Is it just a big Steam installer?

#24 Edited by Forcen (1804 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.