75% off Civ 5 Steam Sale

#1 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -

It's selling for about 12-15 bucks atm.

Sounds like a good deal, but not sure I'm gonna get it.. I don't do too well in RTS games =(

#2 Posted by byterunner (300 posts) -

@JCTango said:

It's selling for about 12-15 bucks atm. Sounds like a good deal, but not sure I'm gonna get it.. I don't do too well in RTS games =(

Its not an RTS. Its turn based strategy

#3 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -
@byterunner: Whoops, my bad.  I think I probably suck at turn based ones even more haha =(
#4 Edited by misterhaan (227 posts) -

i bought it on release day for 5% off and it's been worth it, but then again this is the 5th civ game i've played and i've loved all of them.

#5 Posted by Melvargh (489 posts) -

My buddy has been trying to get me to buy this game since release. I figure now is a good time, haha.

Any DLC that I should get before the sale is done?

#6 Posted by AlexAlterisio (88 posts) -

I decided "what the hell, why not?" and picked it up for $12.50 
I have to say, was quite pleasantly surprised.  I've had Civ IV for a while now and was just never able to get into it but I got sucked into V so easily.  Maybe it's due to the much easier to understand interface or the easier on the eyes visuals, but it's turned me around on the series 

#7 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

That's a great deal.

#8 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

I picked it up and decided I'd try it out for a few minutes, and then get started on my homework. 

Many hours later I realized I still had to start my homework! What they say is true- You don't notice the time flying by while you play.

#9 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

Get it NOW!

#10 Posted by axx1000 (37 posts) -

My buddy has had civ 3 or 4 for a long time now and has kept saying how good it is and how i should get in to it. I decided to pick it up this weekend and i imedently just jumped into a game and was able to pick it up fast, after a 7 hour game i lost in last place (but one of the 3/6 surviving nations) by a time loss.  also for begginers: GET NUKES FIRST but never use them, i was getting my ass beat from everyone once i used a nuke
#11 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

i haven't bought any of the dlc because i figure that's a lot of money for what you get -- was it on sale too?

#12 Posted by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

I think you can do without the DLC. At least until the next sale.

#13 Posted by Xanth93 (485 posts) -

Definitely got it for $12.50. What a great deal. I love the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.