Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Anyone tried the highest difficulty yet?

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
    griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I am scared to try, has anyone here tried it and is it ridiculous?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Addfwyn

I'm going up one by one for achievements, because they are not cumulative (IE, the only way to get the achievement for Settler difficult is to beat it on Settler, beating it on a higher difficulty doesn't count) so it may take me some time to get there. 

Up to Prince so far, and it still seems pretty easy.

meatsounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By meatsounds

The computer gets a hell of a lot smarter at Prince. It still builds cities at a bunch of silly places, and doesn't handle bodies of water very well. But it can balance its budget just fine, and later on in the game you need to work a bit to gain a technological advantage or build the wonder you're after. 

If I were to push into the hardest difficulty, I'd do it on a standard-sized or larger archipelago map and play a city-state friendly game with a small-to-mid-sized empire. I'm not at that level yet, though, and would like to hear from someone trying out the higher difficulties.

Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Sure, check the 'chieves. B-)  

The biggest difference is the AI gets retarded bonuses and can tech and build much faster than you.  I'm not sure it's really any smarter.  Barbarians don't seem too much gnarlier than they are on Prince. 

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Wuddel

Indeed. I can not really see how you could win a non-domination victory on Deity, because they will build nearly every wonder, will ally every city state and certainly would win a space race. The tactics AI is not much (at all?) smarter though. Just kill thrm before they outtech you. Perfectly doable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.