Boats v Capitals

#1 Posted by eccentrix (1614 posts) -

I'm using my ocean ships (forgotten what they're called) to attack London, but when it gets down to the final hit, no damage is done. Do I need land units over there to take over?

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Yes you do. Ships act like siege weapons that can make it easier for your land units to capture but that's it.

#3 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Yeah, need to land a land unit to take over. 
Ships just do damage. 

Somehow though, the Helicoptor gunships can take cities, even though it says they can't. 

Also, i believe you're using frigates, ironclads,destroyers or battleships. Or maybe a caravel. No clue why you'd do that though.
#4 Posted by eccentrix (1614 posts) -

Darn. I don't think the ships will last long enough for me to get any units all the way over there. Oh well, I guess I'll just accept her peace treaty next time she offers.

#5 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@eccentrix said:
" Darn. I don't think the ships will last long enough for me to get any units all the way over there. Oh well, I guess I'll just accept her peace treaty next time she offers. "
If go to her and sign a peace treaty you should be able to demand the city and a nice chunk of gold.
#6 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -
@Gav47 said:
" @eccentrix said:
" Darn. I don't think the ships will last long enough for me to get any units all the way over there. Oh well, I guess I'll just accept her peace treaty next time she offers. "
If go to her and sign a peace treaty you should be able to demand the city and a nice chunk of gold. "
Or just nuke the bitch.
#7 Edited by eccentrix (1614 posts) -
@Gav47: She's already offering practically everything she has. I tried getting a city, but she wouldn't budge. I can't get London because it's her capital.

@Shirogane:
And yeah, it's the caravel.
#8 Posted by Osaladin (2543 posts) -

Battleships and destroyers are so overpowered, I'm always taking over a city in 2-3 turns using 1 or 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.