Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Diplomacy and Trading?

lolak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lolak47

Is diplomacy and trading totally useless?  the trading options suck you can't trade techs as in civ 4, that random tech aggreement sucks. 
    Can someone explain trading your luxuries?, do you loose them when you trade them with someone? even if you have like 5  producing  tiles?
    Im dissapointed in the dimplomacy options many times there is nothing intresting i can do and the other  players have nothing good to offer me, so I just ignore them  and just expand myself.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b
    @lolak47:  
    Yeah trading has taken a big backseat, 
    you have to options, luxury and strategic, you trade 1 of the resource,  
    Research agreement is 200 gold and in thirty turns a tech randomly goes from you to your A.I brethren and from them to you.  
    sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Its 250 gold for a research pack in all my games so far. 

As others have said, that trading tech was a cheap tactic and I'm glad its gone. 

I enjoy the trading of resources and luxory items.  I always try to 'rent' out extra luxory for gold or trade 1 for 1 if I need the happy boost.
    Slaneesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Slaneesh

Your supposed to trade excess ressources just like in civ 4 since having more than 1 of the same doesnt make any difference.   If you trade a ressource you only have 1 of however you wont have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.