Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Effing Demo Got Me! Anybody else click "Buy Now"?

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Stahlbrand

Aww man, I was going to put off getting Civ5 for another few weeks - it was inevitable that I would buy it, but I was going to play some more Reach and whatnot first.

Then I watched the Quicklook.  Well, 2/3rds of the QL because once Steam started using 95% of my downstream on the demo I couldn't stream the rest smoothly.

I just played the demo through, and man-oh-man is that some super Civ.  I started on 3 (lost weeks, mostly in the summer), and played alot of 4 (lost weeks, grades in university suffered) and this demo of 5 was enough to make me click that "Buy Now" link at the end.  Done deal.  Downloading it now.  Thank the gods I'm off shift today, because I'm not sleeping.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bwmcmaste

Indeed, I dropped my "fat stacks" on Civ 5 yesterday, and I'm quite content. From the two hours I've played so far I have found that Civ 5 is an elegant melange of all the Civ games precedent to it. 

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

Sadly, the demo refused to run on the computer I'm currently stuck using. That was the best way to test it I guess... Give it a while and I might get a new computer that can actually play the game.

zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zepp

Ya, the demo did what it was supposed to, suck my freaking soul! I bought it immediately after I played the demo, there goes my social life and GPA.

Dedodido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dedodido

I played the demo this afternoon, I was planning on waiting to get it since I'm about to go into the 4th year of my degree, but I just couldn't stop myself. Fortunately, I have to wait until friday until it unlocks, so I'll be working my arse off until then.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Brians

yup I clicked buy now.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FritzDude
    @zepp said:
    "Ya, the demo did what it was supposed to, suck my freaking soul! I bought it immediately after I played the demo, there goes my social life and GPA. "

Haven't you already lost your social life by signing to Giantbomb?

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By m1k3

im downloading the demo right now... after looking at the QL i want to buy, but im already committed to FFXIV. ill probably get it when it goes on sale. but knowing me i might just get swayed by the demo to buy. 

too bad theres no "baba yetu"

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CandleJakk

Downloaded the demo, but my PC keeps on BSODing, so if I can get a fix for that, I'll probably drop some bones on it, as what little I have played has got me too.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Scrawnto
    @Stahlbrand: This is why I cannot allow myself to play the demo. I don't have any money to spare on games at the moment, as I just bought a new monitor and I still have text books to buy. I watched that Quick Look, and I was yearning for more at the end.
    sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By sixpin

I skipped the demo. As a big Civ fan, I had Civ V pre-ordered on Steam a month or so ago. When snow hits the ground this winter I'll have no excuse to be bored... not that I'll notice the changing seasons seeing as I's have to stop looking at my monitor. JUST ONE MORE TURN!

Chylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chylo

I'm afraid to try the demo, because from the looks of the QL and Norm's tweets, I'll be sucked in until the end of time.

rob.pavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rob.pavon

I'm a complete Civ noob. Between the podcast, quicklook and the demo. I HAD to buy it. I got to the end of the demo and was really excited to keep playing. Downloading full game now and getting ready to start over with Babylonians.

Eggroll822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eggroll822

most def, I got to my 100 turns then i was left with blue balls, had to buy the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.