Europeans? Wanna drop the A-Bomb on that?

#1 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

Want to play now?

I tried the Your Freedom/ProxyCap solution on the CivFanatics Forum, but it did not work for me.

StrongVPN.com 3 Months 21$

Currently decrypting my Civ5 files.

It's cool I always wanted to try Hulu.

#2 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -
#3 Posted by Sanity (1911 posts) -

Im guessing this has something to do with how the servers aren't working right now.

#4 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

Thats a VPN provider. Basically gives you an american IP-address. You can use any, but I went for that.

#5 Posted by Sanity (1911 posts) -

Oh... i follow, your trying to trick the servers into thinking your in america? Dont matter atm because we cant actually play the game as the servers are all boged down lol.

#6 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

lol

#7 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

That's really cool, I love playing my online games with lag.

#8 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -
@dudy80 said:
" Oh... i follow, your trying to trick the servers into thinking your in america? Dont matter atm because we cant actually play the game as the servers are all boged down lol. "
You mean like the steam authentification servers or multiplayer? Well, I almost only play single player.
#9 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Is this guy saying he wants to start WWIII with Europe?

#10 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

Ok, you Americans might not be a aware of the fact that Civ5 comes out here on the 24th. I should have wrote "fellow european" I guess. There is nothing to see here for you from the US of A. Move along.

#11 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I thought this was spam at first. What with Hulu and all.

#12 Edited by Sanity (1911 posts) -
@Wuddel said:

" @dudy80 said:

" Oh... i follow, your trying to trick the servers into thinking your in america? Dont matter atm because we cant actually play the game as the servers are all boged down lol. "

You mean like the steam authentification servers or multiplayer? Well, I almost only play single player. " 

I mean you cant launch the game at all right now, keep getting a prompt saying the steam servers are busy.
#13 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

A guy from 2K said the demo is releasing WORLDWIDE today, so i'm sure they wouldn't release it WORLDWIDE as they have done if they intend on locking WORLDWIDE players out because the game isn't out yet...

I'm sure once the servers are sorted, everyone WORLDWIDE can play it, without trying to server trick.

#14 Edited by Wuddel (2094 posts) -
@Hooded said:

" A guy from 2K said the demo is releasing WORLDWIDE today, so i'm sure they wouldn't release it WORLDWIDE as they have done if they intend on locking WORLDWIDE players out because the game isn't out yet...  I'm sure once the servers are sorted, everyone WORLDWIDE can play it, without trying to server trick. "

No. They very cleary stated that this is not the case. (2k Greg on the 2K Forums.)

@dudy80

said:

" @Wuddel said:

" @dudy80 said:

You mean like the steam authentification servers or multiplayer? Well, I almost only play single player. " 

I mean you cant launch the game at all right now, keep getting a prompt saying the steam servers are busy. "
Dunno. Tons of people over at civfanatics.com are playing it apparently. I will know in about 20min.
#15 Edited by Sanity (1911 posts) -
@Wuddel said:

" @Hooded said:

" A guy from 2K said the demo is releasing WORLDWIDE today, so i'm sure they wouldn't release it WORLDWIDE as they have done if they intend on locking WORLDWIDE players out because the game isn't out yet...  I'm sure once the servers are sorted, everyone WORLDWIDE can play it, without trying to server trick. "

No. They very cleary stated that this is not the case. (2k Greg on the 2K Forums.)

@dudy80

said:

" @Wuddel said:

" @dudy80 said:

I mean you cant launch the game at all right now, keep getting a prompt saying the steam servers are busy. "
Dunno. Tons of people over at civfanatics.com are playing it apparently. I will know in about 20min. "
Yea, i guess if you get lucky you can get through but right now it seems the servers are overloaded and its hard to get in. Either that or im just that unlucky.
#16 Posted by Depth (355 posts) -

Did the VPN thing earlier today, too bad the game is unplayable right now for me because of constant crashes :(

#17 Posted by Wuddel (2094 posts) -

I guess I am lucky then. Works so far.

#18 Posted by NoXious (1338 posts) -

Wow, your initial post was fucked up beyond all recognition.
But I don't really want to unlock it being a European. Shady shit ain't my thing. I'll just play TF2 / the demo till it unlocks regularly.

#19 Posted by Sanity (1911 posts) -

Hell im in the right region and i cant play it... sigh

Think steam hates me

#20 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -
@Wuddel said:
" @Hooded said:

Well then why release it worldwide if the servers wont work, to me it just sounds like everyone is having problems, people adding 2 and 2 together and getting three thousand nine hundred and thirty two, Its just gunna take a short time to get the servers sorted.
#21 Posted by Sanity (1911 posts) -

Just a update... if your having problems like i was having change the server you use in your steam downlaod settings... Not playing the game yet but its atleast downloading stuff now, though i already preloaded it lol.

#22 Posted by Hooded (435 posts) -

Well I managed to play it with no problems, looks like someone over reacted....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.