Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Giant Multiplayer Robot on Mac

jb335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jb335

Trying to get a hotseat game with my friend working on Giant Multiplayer Robot. I'm playing on Mac, and I understand that I can't download the desktop client. I can download the save file (I'm using Firefox), and I'm choosing to open the save file with Civ 5, but the file then isn't showing up when I got to load my hotseat game.

Any help would be appreciated.

species_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By species_zero

Hi jb335! GMR dev here. We need to make this more clear on the game details page, but you'll need to put the save file in the Civilization V data directory and load it from the main menu of the game. I don't have a Mac, but I think you can find the right folder at ~/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Saves/hotseat. Put the save in there then, from the main menu, go to Multiplayer->Hotseat->Load Game and load the file. Once you're done with your turn, the save file you create will also be in that folder. Just select it from the game details page on the GMR website and upload it.

Let us know if you have any more issues!

jb335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jb335

Great, thanks! Eventually was able to figure that out, but it's nice to know that GMR is so on top of things with their customer response!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.