• Hard Disk Space:  8 GB free disk space
  • Video Card:  (ATI): Radeon HD 2600; (NVidia): GeForce 8600
  • Video RAM:  256 MB

and this is mine:
processor: intel core i5 with 2.3 Ghz
memory: 4 Gb 1333 MHz DDR3
graphics card: intel HD graphics 3000
video ram: 384 mb

i think i can run it, just that i have 2.3 Ghz instad of 2.4 GHz, so i am asking you, the internet for help and suggestions about the game 
oh and the demo is pc only, not mac

edit: and yes i am aware i spelled requirements wrong in the title
#2 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Probably. I'm not too sure about your graphics card, but I think you'll be fine. You could download the Steam demo and check it out though.

#3 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@ZimboDK said:
Probably. I'm not too sure about your graphics card, but I think you'll be fine. You could download the Steam demo and check it out though.
the demo is only for pc, not mac :(
on steam, there was a list of graphics cards and mine was there
#4 Edited by Yorick (235 posts) -

Yeah, just download the demo. EDIT: Nevermind I just read your message above.
#5 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@kermoosh: Then you should be fine?
#6 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Yorick said:
Yeah, just download the demo.
demo is pc only, not for mac
oh and is that first "Yeah" you wrote mean yes i can run it
#7 Posted by Yorick (235 posts) -
@kermoosh
No, that was me saying yeah to the guy above me about trying out the demo. Sorry, I wish I could help.
#8 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
im always glad to have the presence of the mustache hero in my very own forum, only thing is that there was a question mark at the end of your post, it worries me
#9 Posted by Towers (96 posts) -

I wouldn't trust any game to run on an intel integrated card.

#10 Posted by supermike6 (3556 posts) -

Augh, it's 25 bucks now!? I bought it four days ago for 33!

#11 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Towers said:

I wouldn't trust any game to run on an intel integrated card.

how so?
#12 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@kermoosh said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
im always glad to have the presence of the mustache hero in my very own forum, only thing is that there was a question mark at the end of your post, it worries me
If it helps, I have the steam version so I got both versions and it runs better on my Mac side than my PC side.
#13 Posted by Yorick (235 posts) -

Don't take this too seriously, but my specs are way below the minimum requirements and I could run it enough to where I could play it. It was kind of slow but I could play it.
#14 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
@kermoosh said:
@TheMustacheHero said:
If it helps, I have the steam version so I got both versions and it runs better on my Mac side than my PC side.
that does make me feel a little more confident, thanks you for partially saving the day mustache hero
#15 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Yorick said:
Don't take this too seriously, but my specs are way below the minimum requirements and I could run it enough to where I could play it. It was kind of slow but I could play it.
i dont care about graphics much, just want to play it like you
then i might work, i'll wait for a yes answer though
#16 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@kermoosh: The HD3000 integrated graphics processor on the new sandybridge and previous architechtures is actually much more powerful than most people realise. I'd say it could handle civilisation 5. Probably not especially well, you'll have to drop some details for sure, perhaps to low. But i strongly suspect with all that power in your system otherwise, you'll have no issue running it.

As a sidenote: I'm not sure how the upgrade process works with macs but you might want to think about a mid-range gpu upgrade. Your system is very near excellent, it's just missing a good graphics solution.

#17 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

@kermoosh: The HD3000 integrated graphics processor on the new sandybridge and previous architechtures is actually much more powerful than most people realise. I'd say it could handle civilisation 5. Probably not especially well, you'll have to drop some details for sure, perhaps to low. But i strongly suspect with all that power in your system otherwise, you'll have no issue running it.

As a sidenote: I'm not sure how the upgrade process works with macs but you might want to think about a mid-range gpu upgrade. Your system is very near excellent, it's just missing a good graphics solution.

thanks dude, i was waiting for some good news. 
and with mac upgrading, my macbook pro has the alluminum unibody frame, so i can only upgrade it through the apple store unless i knew what i was doing
#18 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@kermoosh said:

@jadeskye said:

thanks dude, i was waiting for some good news. and with mac upgrading, my macbook pro has the alluminum unibody frame, so i can only upgrade it through the apple store unless i knew what i was doing

I suspected as much, i tend to build very powerful windows machines, not a great lover of the mac. but each to their own i guess! I do like that HD3000 integrated gpu though, it's understated but elegant and very functional. Intel is doing some very good things lately.

#19 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@jadeskye said:

@kermoosh said:

@jadeskye said:

thanks dude, i was waiting for some good news. and with mac upgrading, my macbook pro has the alluminum unibody frame, so i can only upgrade it through the apple store unless i knew what i was doing

I suspected as much, i tend to build very powerful windows machines, not a great lover of the mac. but each to their own i guess! I do like that HD3000 integrated gpu though, it's understated but elegant and very functional. Intel is doing some very good things lately.

i got this mac (my baby) for college and afterwards
if i had gaming in mind i would have gotten a pc, but i got into pc gaming after i got this so it will have to do, thanks again for the info, your a great help
#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Its a turn based game, you don't have to have ultra good frame rates to enjoy the game lets say.  

btw, your specs seem fine. Not the best, but nothing too out of date that you should be plunking down more money to upgrade anything. 

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@kermoosh:  I'm not a fan of talking about specs.. they don't always give you an accurate picturing of what the performance will be like 
 you can either play the demo (and you can't) or grab the game from a fileshare website. That way you'll get to run it on your machine and decide whether you wanna buy it or not. Specs are so 2007  

My machine met the minimum specs for Brink. I had it pre-ordered for full price. I decided to get the SKIDROW fileshare version and see how it runs, it lagged like hell, boom i saved myself 50 bucks.
#22 Posted by essd0g (59 posts) -

I was just about to start a topic like this because I just got back from work and saw that Civ5 was 50% off but didn't know if my Macbook could handle it. I'm downloading it right now so if you haven't done so already I could tell you how it runs on my Macbook when it's done. We have the exact same model.

#23 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
#24 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

My PC is pretty close to the minimum specs: 

• AMD Turion Dual Core @ 2 Ghz
  • 3GB Ram
  • ATI Radeon 2600

It takes about 5 minutes for the game to load and an additional 10 minutes (I actually timed it) to start a new game or load a save file.  I play 100% in strategic mode because even with the graphics at all low settings and everything fancy turned off, the game is consistently around 2-5 frames per second.  Mid to late game turns take about 30 seconds to 2 minute to process.  I don't know if that helps or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.