How the heck do I create a trade network?

#1 Posted by cabelhigh (247 posts) -

Guys, I'm loosing money quick. I'm trying to fight off Persia, China, and the Arabs all at once and my cities are disappearing quickly. And still it says I haven't gotten any money from trade in my empire? How? Why?

#2 Posted by Animasta (14751 posts) -

you either have to have a road connecting the cities, or cities have to be on the coast and you have to have sailing.

#3 Posted by BC_ (169 posts) -

I think you have to have the harbor built if on the coast.

#4 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -

I can confirm you need a harbour.

#5 Posted by contagious (74 posts) -
@Rehehelly: You don't need a harbour, you can use either road, railway or a harbour to simulate a trade network.
#6 Posted by Wuddel (2109 posts) -

I think you only need one harbour per continent.

#7 Posted by Tennmuerti (8175 posts) -
Roads are the most common option put to cross water yu need harbour. Harbour is also usefull for far away cities that you don't care about being easy to reach on land. Becouse each road tile costs like 1g per turn to maintain and Harbour only costs 3g maintainance.

@Wuddel said:
" I think you only need one harbour per continent. "
If your other cities are connected by road to the city  that has the harbour and the trade network already.
#8 Posted by Snotty (50 posts) -

When your city has a trade route with your capital it will have a small symbol under its name on the world map
Like this but not green 

#9 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Snotty said:
" When your city has a trade route with your capital it will have a small symbol under its name on the world map
Like this but not green 
"
Best answer in this thread. I even learned something new!
#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Speaking of roads: I fucking hate that workers create rails by default when you tell them to construct a path. But at the same time connecting your cities via rail not only increases your cash moneys but also increases your production in each city connected by rail by 50%.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.