Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

I won, now what?

jb335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jb335

This may be kind of a newb question, but I just won a cultural victory by completing the Utopia Project. However, the game didn't immediately shunt me to a victory screen--instead, the game is just continuing as normal. It's 1985 right now. Do I have to wait until 2050 until I actually win?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

@jb335: You can keep playing for fun if you want or start a new game. Once a victory condition is met by a Civ the "game" portion of the match is over. If you just want to continue to expand and build your empire for fun you can do that otherwise just start a new game. Civ allows you to keep playing the same match after a win condition is met for fun if you want.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Civ is less about the end and more about the journey. You could keep playing your world or start a new one and try winning another way. I always just enjoyed exploring and building up new cities rather than large military engagements.

jb335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By jb335

I definitely agree with you guys about Civ being more about the journey, but I think it's weird that I didn't get any kind of acknowledgment that I'd won. No victory message in the same way you get a defeat message if you lose, and none of the associated data.

I guess what I'm really asking here is: "Do I have some sort of glitch?"

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

It should show you a screen that says you won, with the option to view scores or a button below that says "one...more...turn..." which. when clicked, will continue the game you're playing after victory/defeat. I've... ummm... never played a game past the point where I know I've pretty much lost, so I couldn't tell you if it's something tied to another civ beating you to a win condition or something.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mosdl

If another civ gets a win condition there is a dialog that tells you that, at lease I remember seeing one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.