Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Last nights patch

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89117 
    Released 9/23/2010

• Special character fix for Windows usernames: Users with non-english characters in their windows username would experience a game crash. This has been fixed, and a forthcoming fix will address an issue related to this where game victories are not recorded in the Hall of Fame.
    • Default resolution fix for DX9: Some users who have non-standard or below the minimum specification resolutions crashed before starting. Now, the system will change to Windowed mode and start so it does not crash.
    • AI city weighting: AI will not quite as freely offer up their cities when asking for peace.
    • Gold per turn glitch: When agreeing to a deal for anything above 5 gold per turn in exchange for something else (like a luxury), the deal would always only pay 5 gold per turn, regardless of the amount proposed. This has been corrected.    

----------------------------------------------------- 

the AI giving up cities needed to be fixed :) i had a long going war with the big guy on my island (he must have had like 15 cities),, finally ever other little empires joined in the fight. I thought this was a good time for peace. He took it and gave me everything but his captial. poor move on this part.. he has had out tech'd us too. 
    ugh.. and a lot of unhappy ppl on on my part ^_^

Kindrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Kindrik
    @Zurv said:
    "He took it and gave me everything but his captital."

Exact same thing happened to me. I figured I might just take one or two cities in the deal and leave it at that, but once he'd given me everything it made it too easy to just take his capital as soon as the peace treaty was over.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By meteora

Good to know that AI isn't willing to fork over their cities nearly as easy. I bitch slapped Japan to one city when they gave me a freebie city when I offered peace.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl

Ah, the benefit of steam - easy updates. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Animasta
    @mosdl said:
    " Ah, the benefit of steam - easy updates.  "
    BUT DUDE THEY ARE WATCHING MY EVERY MOVE AND THEY ARE SENDING MY INFORMATION TO OTHER COMPANIES

oh civfanatics is the most hilarious site
    Floppypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Floppypants

The 5 gold per turn bug was incredibly annoying.  I was ripped off several times by that when I needed the income to pay city states.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By mosdl
    @Laketown said:
    " @mosdl said:
    " Ah, the benefit of steam - easy updates.  "
    BUT DUDE THEY ARE WATCHING MY EVERY MOVE AND THEY ARE SENDING MY INFORMATION TO OTHER COMPANIES  oh civfanatics is the most hilarious site "
    I assume they never surf any websites then!
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zurv

now it is hella hard to get something in peace :) 
    i was woop'n someone and when i'd bring up peace he asked me for a ton of stuff.. waaaa? i just took 3 of your cities and am killing your first born... why should i pay u to stop fighting? ^_^
    Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Bumbuliuz

I played an 8 hour game last night after the game unlocked on Steam for me and didn't run into any issues. I´m a big fan of Steam and they way they handle patching.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.