Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Leaders who should be in the game?

• 61 results
    mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By mason

Maybe bring back  the Dutch with Willem van Oranje. I'd love to play a heavily mercantile seafaring civ. They'd probably make it like playing England with a higher focus on commerce than war.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Daveyo520

Stalin. Churchill. Others.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Wuddel

Christ. I am german, but I can not understand your obsession with Hitler. Well, all of the leader have a progressive & positive tone - as does the whole game. Thats why Hitler is not in there, as well as Stalin or Genghis Khan. Also it would get banned in Germany, since it is alternate history. I am not sure, but I think in correct historical representation you can put Nazis in Games now. At least as opponents. But that changes over the years (see CoD vs. Return to Castle Wolfenstein, though the latter is far from historical correct). 

This game is about progress, and not sadistic nationalist bullshit. Pick a civ. You will find a era of unspoken cruelty and genocide in it. No place for that in Civ IMNSHO!

Personally I would think that Kemal Atatürk would be great for the Ottomans. 

But I doubt they will introduce more leaders only. But more Civs. I want the Vikings, the Dutch and heck maybe even the Austrians!

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By raiz265
    @Wuddel said:

" Christ. I am german, but I can not understand your obsession with Hitler. Well, all of the leader have a progressive & positive tone - as does the whole game. Thats why Hitler is not in there, as well as Stalin or Genghis Khan. Also it would get banned in Germany, since it is alternate history. I am not sure, but I think in correct historical representation you can put Nazis in Games now. At least as opponents.  "

there are several WW2 RTS games featuring the wehrmacht as a playable faction, of course in none of them you're taking the position of hitler himself and doing genocide and stuff but, yeah 

as i said, i'm pleased with bismarck representing us germans in civ :O 

edit: nelson mandela maybe? 

cape town is a city state already though
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Wuddel
    @raiz265 said:
    " @Wuddel said:

" Christ. I am german, but I can not understand your obsession with Hitler. Well, all of the leader have a progressive & positive tone - as does the whole game. Thats why Hitler is not in there, as well as Stalin or Genghis Khan. Also it would get banned in Germany, since it is alternate history. I am not sure, but I think in correct historical representation you can put Nazis in Games now. At least as opponents.  "

there are several WW2 RTS games featuring the wehrmacht as a playable faction, of course in none of them you're taking the position of hitler himself and doing genocide and stuff but, yeah   
     Yeah. Like Company of Heros, and such. (Men of War) Well. Also in most of these games you could not win with Germany in the grand scheme of things. You could complete your campaign, but without a doubt germany would loose WW2. A notable exception is the spirutal grandfather of the Civ5 combat system, Panzergeneral, which even allowed the Invasion of Great Britain. 

Nelson Mandela: Very good pick. Impressive person. But not really fitting the description of Civ, since South Africa is more of a conglomerate of Civs, like most Commonwealth countries. (As is the USA, but they got absolute military power for a brief time and fake boobs.)
    confinedbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By confinedbread

GRIGORI RASPUTIN!!! 

Also, Churchill, Charlemagne, Mao, Qin Shihuangdi, Trotsky (honestly, I don't get how people prefer Lenin to this guy), Attila the Hun (Possible Barbarian City-State, able to draw barbarian camps into it's empire if not destroyed quickly enough), Vladimir the Impaler, Kaiser Wilhelm I, Edward Teach, Theodore Roosevelt, Richard the Lionhearted, Shaka Zulu, and  Nikita Krushchev. 

I think multiple leaders should be allowed for each civilization, so I can simulate an American Civil War between Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By deadmoscow

@raiz265
    said:
    " @SythonX7 said:

"  I ain't trollin' but why has no civ game had Hitler in it, I mean its hardly "too soon" or am I being insensitive, IDK, but I'd like to see someone Reppin' ye olde Scotland, yeh sure you've got Britain but come on, when they say Britain in that game they mean England. Perhaps William Wallace, or Boadicea like in Civ IV     "

the game would get so totally banned in germany.   i really prefer bismarck as a german leader. "
    This is my point of view as well.  Hitler was an evil asshole who did the holocaust, whereas Bismarck is the guy who took Germany from a loosely based collection of city states and turned it into a legitimate (and non-evil) European power.  I'd take Bismarck over any other German leader.
    Onno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Onno10

Watch out fox news will google hitler, come to this thread, and make a news report stating that every  Civ player is a nazi. and "want adolf hitler".

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hooded

Obama

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Vigilance

I think if Hitler was in the game, they couldn't sell it in Germany. 

Germany has very strict laws about Nazi remembrance, even in fiction, and usually if it's not straight history, they don't allow it. 

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By WalkerTR77

I'm not sure you can have Mandela while he's still alive? And no love for Kitchener?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.