New patch coming soon

#1 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -
Link.

Interesting changes:
  • unit upgrades and social polices have to be chosen when earned, can no longer be kept around till later.  Not a big fan of this.
  • "AI's attitude towards you is now visible in the diplo screen and diplo drop-down." - finally
  • "Added info tooltip for an AI leader's mood. Lists things that are making an AI player happy/upset."
  • Looks like civs will be less aggressive and pursue other wining options.
#2 Posted by FritzDude (2253 posts) -

Sweet. Or should i say swet? Either way, great.

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

*ugh*  I'm so sick of patches.  Having to patch forty computers every time a game comes out gets mind-numbing.  I'm still trying to get around to all the Dawn of War II patches...all 4.2GB of it...that has to be downloaded on each individual computer...because there are no manual patches that I know of. 

Hopefully it's small and doesn't take very long.

#4 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

For steam games live Civ5 at least you only have to start Steam and it does the updating automatically.

#5 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

I hope this makes the Mac version not break if it's started in fullscreen. 

Because that's really annoying.

#6 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -
@jakob187: i know right, its so annoying, supreme commander (original) had loads of patches and its such a pain in the ass to properly install all of them because gpg net (multiplayer client) is now offline.
#7 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Well 2 of those issues were addressed in a mod already (diplomacy) and the other two seem kind of shitty. I don't really understand how the unit upgrade one even works.

#8 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

I haven't had a desire to launch CIV 5 in a month or so now. After this patch hits I will try to play a game and see if it fixed all the problems I had with it that made me lose interest the first time around.

#9 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Scenarios are somewhat interesting. Im really perplexed why the vanilla game shipped with zero scenarios. Not even a Napoleon scenario? Like every strat game comes with that. Alexander the Great, the Cruesades, they had scenario options. Why they decided to make that aspect 100% DLC is beyond me. I know this isn't Age of Empires but still.

#10 Posted by Draco9898 (162 posts) -

Beaker overflow is fixed, im pretty happy. I might just buy the inca DLC.

#11 Posted by kemp (53 posts) -

Just wanted to hijack this thread for a second and tell you all that a new patch has come out fixing different things. It fixed my game from crashing in the late parts of the game. So just wanted to mention that, back to CIV 5!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.