Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Recommend Mods you like for the game

Draco9898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Draco9898

Talk about mods you like for the game...
    Currently I'm trying PlayWithMe balance mod, but it's giving way too many resources for special tiles so I'm DESTROYING the computer. I'm making pikemen in 2 turns at turn 110. However, I do like how this mod makes it so non-military units die when they would normally get captured. This stops my cheese move of grabbing a free worker from a neighbor. It's also nice that settlers were made much more expensive and things like Stonehenge were tweaked to be put out a turn or so earlier.

But I'd recommend the "Balance - City states" mod, which cranks up military CS'es to reward units 25% more often.

Going to try a mod to balance Social Policy because, frankly, about 25% of them are not very fun to dump a point into. I sure do miss Civ 4's civics.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Too many mods further fuck the balance. I just want people to start making leaders that aren't overpowered. Look I get it, you're a patriot, whatever, but Boudica's fucking unplayably broken bro.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sumbog

Ummm no unit upkeep and no building maintence.... cause Im that kinda person

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Three0neFive

How is the mod scene for Civ V, anyway? I've already hit it and quit it, but a decent Stargate mod couldconvince me to come back for some (not-so) diplomatic action...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Right now people are just trying to make the base game as playable as Civ 4 was. Lots of system overhaul mods. City state diplomacy mod is probably the most interesting. RED mod is a must. A lot of interesting projects started then kind of fell off into oblivion, not sure if anyone's going to finish anything. Paet fo that is Firaxis continuing to add patches cus their shit is still broken, and why make a mod that will have to be reworked after every patch? A lot of people are waiting for the game to basically get finished by the devs first.

thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By thwak

Info Addict.

Just download it, it's honestly one of the best mods for the game. Hell I'm surprised firaxis isn't just going to patch this mod in because it's seriously that useful. For those of you who don't know what it is, Info Addict gives you graphs and tables that help you analyze data in a way similar to Civ IV. One of the more useful things is that it shows you relations between civs visually instead of the cluttered mess that firaxis put in the game by default.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.