Ryan's Civ V Impressions?

#1 Edited by BleedTheFreak (7 posts) -

On the Bombcast Ryan indicated he couldn't talk about Civ V until today (though I see IGN put up some coverage yesterday) and I was wondering in what form that might take, or if there was any sort of idea when something like that would go up?  I'm eager to hear this thoughts on it.  Charles at IGN seemed to regard his time with it very highly.  

I'd also be interested in his thoughts on Giant Death Robots....

Thanks! 
Scott

#2 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

It's still 7 AM in Bombcast land, so I imagine that they're just rolling out of bed. I'd be if you checked back around 10-2 pacific time, you'll get what you're looking for.

#3 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

He'll probably post a preview-style article. Though, just because he can talk about it today doesn't necessarily means he intends to.

#4 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I'm surprised he is the one playing it, he doesn't seem like a strategy guy.  Mike and Dave I bet will do a QL?

#5 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

CIV FIVE.
CIV FIVE.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.
HEXAGONS AND NO UNIT STACKING AND CITY STATES AND NATION BUILDING
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
MAKE IT SEPTEMBER NOW.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -
@mosdl said:
" I'm surprised he is the one playing it, he doesn't seem like a strategy guy.  Mike and Dave I bet will do a QL? "
I dunno, he seemed to really like Civ Rev, so I can see him trying out Civ 5 at least.
#7 Edited by darkivn (89 posts) -

It's a sad day when I need to load up Gamespot to catch some much anticipated content ... O.o

#8 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -
@darkivn said:
" It's a sad day when I need to load up Gamespot to catch some much anticipated content ... O.o "
sad but true
#9 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2992 posts) -

idk obviously they aren't doing it today

#10 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

it's civ v
#11 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

Getting hype as we speak.

#12 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

Ryans impressions from twitter earlier 

It's awesome! RT @ j_meyer_13: @ taswell on bombcast: "Can't talk about Civ V til Thursday." - Yo, it's Thursday! Talk about Civ V! 

It's like if Civ IV and Civ Rev had a sexy baby. RT @ phneri: @ taswell Elaborate, you reticent son of a bitch! Paint me a Civ 5 tapestry!

#13 Posted by Milkman (16781 posts) -

Inside info: quick look is coming tomorrow.

#14 Posted by Tricks73r (252 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Inside info: quick look is coming tomorrow. "

Knocking self out promptly.
#15 Posted by Gre (154 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Inside info: quick look is coming tomorrow. "
Are you kidding me?  Like, 20 minutes of gameplay?  That would be unbelievably awesome.
#16 Posted by smokmnky (27 posts) -

Just got this response from Ryan on Twitter: 

kick-ass video forthcoming! I PROMISE! RT @smokmnky: @taswell when do we get to hear about your Civ5 impressions?    

#17 Posted by kwyee (234 posts) -
@smokmnky said:
" Just got this response from Ryan on Twitter: 

kick-ass video forthcoming! I PROMISE! RT @smokmnky: @taswell when do we get to hear about your Civ5 impressions?    

"
Can't wait! I've been refreshing gb like a mofo since thursday :)
#18 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Perhaps they are keeping the video for the weekend?

#19 Posted by DMan777 (11 posts) -

That's just effing cruel--the link to the vid goes to the Starcraft II review.

#20 Posted by Kovie (202 posts) -

I think the video was busted.

#21 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -
@DMan777 said:
" That's just effing cruel--the link to the vid goes to the Starcraft II review. "
Zerg rushed Firaxis and took it over
#22 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

There was an issue with the sound sync, but I assure you that our Civ V extravaganza is still forthcoming!

Staff
#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19335 posts) -

Technical problems be damned.

#24 Posted by darkivn (89 posts) -
@Ryan said:
" There was an issue with the sound sync, but I assure you that our Civ V extravaganza is still forthcoming! "
Had me scared for a while there - saw the "Civil" video go up, just to be taken down a minute later ... flashbacks of ER-50 anyone?
#25 Posted by DMan777 (11 posts) -
@Ryan said:
" There was an issue with the sound sync, but I assure you that our Civ V extravaganza is still forthcoming! "
Sweet.  Seriously jonesing for some GB "Civ-Vee" goodness.  Or is that Siffy...or SyFy...  Whatever--bring on the hexes!
#26 Posted by Gabriel (4061 posts) -

This is the game I would buy a good PC for.

#27 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I cannot wait for this video...but I'm pretty sure we already know it's going to be amazing...amazing enough to justify my new gaming pc paid for by my good ol' college loans.

#28 Posted by TomWhitbrook (434 posts) -

He sounded hell of excited at the end of that video there. Certainly a good sign!

#29 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I wonder how long it'll be before he joins Civilization Anonymous.

#31 Edited by ectoplasma (979 posts) -

The video stuff looks fricking awesome. I wasnt intersted in this game at all but now im aboard the hypetrain with some other people hopfeully ;).

#32 Posted by adam_grif (1144 posts) -

My GOD those people are clueless about Civ 4. It was painful to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.