Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Save Multiplayer Game

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Brenderous

Is it possible to start a big ass multiplayer campaign, save the game, and resume it later with all the same people?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

According to that Firaxis stream yes.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Brenderous

Yessss.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Zurv

nope.. there is no saving in mutliplayer. (well.. kinda.. you can cntr-s to save it, but there is no way to load it back to multiplayer)  This is one of the many HUGE problems with multiplayer. 
    I'd suggest sticking with  single player till they add saving (and loading), see unit movement, see combat and more information feedback before getting your freinds together to play.   
    A few of my buddies and I made plans for every night this week to do multi... we all aggreed to wait after playing for 30min. 
    .... we all just started single player games and sat on vent and chatted while we played.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Zurv said:
    " nope.. there is no saving in mutliplayer. (well.. kinda.. you can cntr-s to save it, but there is no way to load it back to multiplayer)  This is one of the many HUGE problems with multiplayer. I'd suggest sticking with  single player till they add saving (and loading), see unit movement, see combat and more information feedback before getting your freinds together to play.   A few of my buddies and I made plans for every night this week to do multi... we all aggreed to wait after playing for 30min. .... we all just started single player games and sat on vent and chatted while we played.  "
    This is a complete lie. Multiplayer games save automatically and you can exit and load them whenever and the people who you played with will be the same leaders and everything.
    Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Zurv

lie? you found me out! i was out there to trick the world. 
    you have problems :P 

If i was mistaken.. i didn't see the option and other bitched about it too on the stream forums. I gave up quickly on multiplayer (hoping for them to fix the grafixless play). There is a diffence between being mistaken and lieing. 
    it might be time for you to leave your internet cave. (ssshhh... it is ok.. i won't tell the goverment that i'm sure is out to oppress you to you left your house... or will i.. maybe i'm part of the conspiracy  )
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By crusader8463
    @CowMuffins:  No he doesnt lie. I have spent the last two hours trying to get an online game going with two friends and it's impossible. One keeps getting connection errors every time he tries to click the online button- he just gave up after an hour. Me and the other guy managed to get one going, until the game glitched about 50 moves in and it wouldn't let me click the next button because it kept bringing up a city state message, and no matter what I did to dismiss it it wouldn't go away. So we tried ctrl + s to save it but we couldn't load the save file. So we tried loading the auto save files and he crashed out every time we did.

The lack of animation, as bad as it does to for it not to be a toggle, I can live with not having, but the online is a god dam mess. Hell, in single player I can't even hit the hex button to go into that overheard simplified view without my game crashing. This game is going to need some major patching before it does half the stuff it says it does on the box.
    Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Morien

Well just going by my own experience, I have been in (didn't host) a multiplayer game, quit and rejoined game while it is still in progress (it allows you to reconnect, the AI takes control of your country while you are gone), and also reloaded a previous auto-save 
    with the same players and everything. There was no way to save it manually through menus so we just used the auto-save and it worked fine. I didn't host so don't know exactly how it was done, but I do know he didn't host the game through the online multiplayer lobby, 
    I connected to his game using steam. 
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Zurv: It's still a lie. Whether intentional or not.
    @crusader8463: I don't have any of the problems you've listed. Maybe it's your machine.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Zurv said:
    " nope.. there is no saving in mutliplayer. (well.. kinda.. you can cntr-s to save it, but there is no way to load it back to multiplayer)  This is one of the many HUGE problems with multiplayer. I'd suggest sticking with  single player till they add saving (and loading), see unit movement, see combat and more information feedback before getting your freinds together to play.   A few of my buddies and I made plans for every night this week to do multi... we all aggreed to wait after playing for 30min. .... we all just started single player games and sat on vent and chatted while we played.  "
    That's just wrong 

I've had no problems saving multiplayer games and starting them the next day.
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By crusader8463
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @Zurv: It's still a lie. Whether intentional or not.
    @crusader8463: I don't have any of the problems you've listed. Maybe it's your machine. "
    Three different people with various problems? Nope. that's the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.