Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Steam Sale and DLC question...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

So this weekend's steam sale is for Civ 5, its 66% off which is fantastic, but I have a question about it...

Is the DLC worth getting? I really like having everything I can in a game, so I'd like to buy it, but then im spending an extra 40 bucks or so for a few maps and civs, Are the civs interesting? I know theres mod integration in the game, so would I be able to just get mod versions of the DLC maps?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rb_man

@Mikemcn: I say skip the map packs and get the Spain and Inca one first because it is the best money to content ratio

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikemcn

@rb_man said:

@Mikemcn: I say skip the map packs and get the Spain and Inca one first because it is the best money to content ratio

Oh man, i read the description of the polynesian pack, and that scenario seems neat too (It excites the nerd in me.), But yea, I'll certainly go for Spain/Inca.

littlereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By littlereaper

As far as the DLC civ's go they are fun to play but I'd say wait for the winter sale to buy them up cheap.

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TheWyotee93

I have all the packs except for the map packs and i think they are all great. I've had alot of fun with all of them. I would personally recommend the danish pack simply beacuse they ended up being my favorite civ out of all of them but if you are looking for value then i agree with Mikemcn.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Clonedzero

i just bought the normal game with this steam sale earlier today. my entire afternoon just vanished, sitting here in my first real game where its late 1800's i think, i was fighting japan with my riflemen while they still had spearmen and archers lol, then egypt came out of no where and started shelling me with artillery. this game is nuts rofl

for you question, i dunno about the DLC, the game itself seems to be a massive amount of gameplay before you'd want something new, so i just bought the game itself and ignored the DLC.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By m0rdr3d

If you've just gotta have everything then you might as well got for it cause you're not gonna be happy unless you do.  The game definitely doesn't need it though.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikemcn

@m0rdr3d said:

If you've just gotta have everything then you might as well got for it cause you're not gonna be happy unless you do. The game definitely doesn't need it though.

I bought everything

And Im extremely happy i did! lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.