Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

Very unhappy!!! ??

lolak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lolak47

i went on rapage and took over most other cities i did annex on all, now my unhappiness is like 60 how to fix?

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By FourWude

Rewrite your past mistakes and penance shall come my child.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JammyJesus

Wow, grammer. Anyway, hover over the face icon at the top left. What does it say?
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Addfwyn

Assuming this isn't a troll post, since the way you phrased it makes it sound like you know exactly what you did wrong... 

Unhappiness is caused both by population and number of cities.  By annexing all the cities, you drastically increased your unhappiness (while making it harder to get Great People and Social Policies).  

lolak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lolak47

but i don't understand why would you not want controll of the city you just took? the other option puppet and raze? will just let a enemy recaputre it?

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

This is why I only take over city states and let them run themselves, but i help them by building famrs, mines etc. It doesn't really affect much. If you did things right, you would generate more happiness than you create unhappiness and you get no revolts.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Jayzilla

wut he sayz?

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By newhaap

I'm not a militaristic player (did I spell that right?), but I guess start building structures that improve happiness? 
    It probably won't be a quick fix, but if you're planning on taking over a lot of cities I imagine you should have taken time to build stuff like the colosseum in your cities to maintain happiness.

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

My word, the level of english in this is... well, certainly something to behold. 

If you annexed the cities during your 'rapage', so to speak, the citizens of what ever civilization your invading aren't going to be too pleased that they've been taken over by some other hostile civ. It might have been better to perhaps put a puppet ruler in these cities to avoid having your happiness levels plummet.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000

You should be puling a few more strings...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah man it was the sudden increase in population from taking over all the cities. I think you get one unhappiness per citizen.

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Gilsham

since you have annexed them you need to build a court house in each of them, then you'll get rid of all the unhappiness but it will take a few turns to be able to start building anything (you can probably buy one in the city I've never tried as I'm always broke from having so many units =P)

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By rjayb89

Damn, Hitler.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By august

Investigate the history of the Roman Empire.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hunkulese

You can annex puppeted cities in the future. My last game I kept most of the cities that I had taken over as puppets and occasionally would annex them if I needed somewhere closer to my front lines to pump out units. I never had a problem with happiness. You also get benefits from puppet cities and they will continue to grow.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By beforet

Immediate annexation is not a smart way to play. I would always set up conquered cities as puppets until the war is over and they're all on the supply line. Then I would slowly start annexing them a few at a time. You need to build a courthouse before you do anything with them or else they'll be pissed at you. Though it sounds like you screwed yourself up, as courthouses already take a long time to build and that's with a happy civilization. Your best bet is to start building now.

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By kwyee
    @Beforet: Good points!  Also, it should be noted that you can't buy courthouses.  They have to built the hard way :( 
    Another tip is that you should wait a few dozen turns between puppetizing and annexation so the city hopefully builds more hammer-increasing buildings (factory, seaport, etc.).  
    Also, I typically annex during a Golden Age since surplus happiness doesn't go towards another Golden Age while you're already in one as far as i can tell.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StaticFalconar

Just because you like violence doesn't mean the civs that you took over do. 

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Brenderous
    @JammyJesus said:

" Wow, grammer. Anyway, hover over the face icon at the top left. What does it say? "

Soooo many questions I had with this game were solved once I found out how much information was stored in mouse-overs.
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By yoctoyotta
    @JammyJesus said:
    " Wow, grammer. Anyway, hover over the face icon at the top left. What does it say? "
    @Jayzilla said:
    " wut he sayz? "
    @Ursus_Veritas said:
    " My word, the level of english in this is... well, certainly something to behold.  If you annexed the cities during your 'rapage', so to speak, the citizens of what ever civilization your invading aren't going to be too pleased that they've been taken over by some other hostile civ. It might have been better to perhaps put a puppet ruler in these cities to avoid having your happiness levels plummet. "
    That's not very nice, what if English is not this fellow's first language?
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @JammyJesus said:
    " Wow, grammer. "
    Wow, spelling

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.