What's Your Civ Diet?

#1 Posted by Donos (1197 posts) -

So, I just got back from the grocery store, stocked up on orange juice, almonds and a 3 pack of sub sandwiches. I figure this should be more than sufficient for 12-14 hours of civing. Just wondering what the gb community has prepared to keep them alive through their addictions.

#2 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

rice cakes, its not ideal but when i need food to shove in my mouth cus i know im not going to feed myself for many hours i just put a sleeve of rice cakes next to me to make sure i dont die
#3 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

Ajinomoto brand shumai dumplings and green tea.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

a full case of crackers (and other assorted things) and when I wake up, I shall go down to the local gas station and pick up some soda :)

#5 Posted by Marz (5666 posts) -

24 pack diet Dr. Pepper.

#6 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Pepsi/Coke. Food is for the weak.
#7 Posted by Donos (1197 posts) -

Gah, you people need nutrients to survive, you know? Am I the only person that collapses into a headache-fulled stupor without protein?

#8 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -
@Donos said:
" Gah, you people need nutrients to survive, you know? Am I the only person that collapses into a headache-fulled stupor without protein? "
yes, and you should probably get that looked at.

you know, after a week or so. :P
#9 Edited by evildeadron (830 posts) -

the key to a Civ weekend is sandwiches, get bread, cheese, condiments of choice, some ham or turkey, and make some tuna or egg salad ahead of time 

make sure you have  lots of ice t, or mountain dew, and for snacking some smoked almonds or cashews, gummy bears or jelly belly jelly beans 

snack your way to global domination, and when your famished it takes but a minute to whip up a quick sandwich 

im a veteran of previous Civ wars, i have experience in these conflicts and i have perfected the sandwich science
#10 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

I don't think I could ever get through Civ 5 like you guys do but seriously I just drink water and eat some ruffles

#11 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -
@evildeadron:
I will stop at stop and shop on my way home from school and get sandwhich ingredients, thanks for the idea.
#12 Posted by elko84 (1105 posts) -

ive got some pizza rolls, mt dew and doritos.  let the civing begin!!

#13 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Steak sandwich, Pepsi, and tentacle grape. Plus if i need it a pill or something to keep me up.

#14 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I eat my food in front of my computer all the time; so no need.

#15 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

A display case worth of 5 Hour Energy and an 8 ball.  Montezuma is going to bring the pain tomorrow

#16 Posted by Sanity (1948 posts) -

Salt and Vinegar chips, Twizzlers , and Coke. 

Yes im going to die from either hypertension or diabetes =P.

#17 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1044 posts) -

A fifth of vodka. You know, just in case.

#18 Posted by billyblaze (63 posts) -

Cigarettes, coffee and something to make it Irish. You know, just in case.

#19 Posted by dkazona@live.nl (29 posts) -
@Donos said:
" So, I just got back from the grocery store, stocked up on orange juice, almonds and a 3 pack of sub sandwiches. I figure this should be more than sufficient for 12-14 hours of civing. Just wondering what the gb community has prepared to keep them alive through their addictions. "
Good lord, I can't remember the last time I did that much gaming in one go. 
#20 Posted by Ben_H (3406 posts) -

I buy a couple frozen pizzas and cook them ahead of time and then toss them in the fridge (the bar fridge in my basement.  Needs to be close to the PC).  I just grab a slice during bathroom breaks.  That's what I did on my 12 hour Civ4 session during the summer.  It was majestic. 

Does anyone else only play marathon length games? Standard games are way too short.

I played about five turns so far but I have to stop for now.  I wanna play Civ5 so badly but I have work tonight and tomorrow and a test on Thursday.  After that test I'm going all out for the whole night.  And Friday.  And Saturday after work.  And ALL Sunday.  It's a vicious cycle.

#21 Posted by Sorrowsan (129 posts) -

im on a diet of pure jealousy and hate. isnt out here(uk) till friday :(
#22 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Im officially making myself not available on the friday so that i can play Civ5 all day long. All the while throwing back half a dozen litres of Mountain Dew. And probably a celebratory pack of dorito's for when i crush the other civilisations beneath my mighty bootheel!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.