Official Sierra Servers Being Pulled (21 Games Affected) :[

#1 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

"Some are speculating this is related to the recent Actard merger, but it’s possible it’s simply ruthless, Logan’s Runny culling of the elderly. Whichever, the facts are these: come November 1st, the plug will be pulled on the official servers for 21 Sierra PC games (of varying classicdom).

1. Alien vs Predator 2
2. Arcanum
3. Caesar IV
4. Dark Reign 2
5. Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
6. Empire Earth
7. Empire Earth 2
8. Empire Earth: Age of Conquest
9. Ground Control
10. Ground Control2
11. Homeworld
12. Homeworld: Cataclysm
13. Nolf2
14. Red Baron
15. Sanity
16. Star Trek: Armada
17. SWAT3: EE
18. SWAT3: GOTY
19. The Incredible Machine
20. Tribes2
21. Vampire"

Source: Sierra vs History

Damn, this really sucks, as I never got the chance to play several of these great games, and I've spent MANY hours on SWAT3:GOTY
#2 Posted by breton (1437 posts) -

*nods* Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm sure the community can pick a bit of them back up, though - I'm looking at you Empire Earth (but I don't play it anymore, anyway).

#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

I mean, I can see why Sierra is being dissolved, but Activision could at least have the courtesy to leave the servers running (so long as they weren't completely dead, I guess). I suppose the games still work online if you have dedicated servers, or are the central servers shut down?

#4 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -
Jayge said:
"I mean, I can see why Sierra is being dissolved, but Activision could at least have the courtesy to leave the servers running (so long as they weren't completely dead, I guess). I suppose the games still work online if you have dedicated servers, or are the central servers shut down?"
I believe the central servers are shut down.  Plenty of these games were far from dead, too.
#5 Posted by insanejedi (655 posts) -

God damn Activision....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.