Silent Hill 2 - Playthrough

Posted by lordofultima (6279 posts) -

Finished up my Silent Hill 2 playthrough in record real life time, usually I procrastinate and blame everything on failing technology! Man, I love this game. This story is absolutely tragic, and I'd have it no other way. Although I got the "happy" ending, that isn't saying much in the realm of Silent Hill! 14 parts of madness, hilarity, horror, and all that other fun stuff, available at this here playlist! Feel free to browse my youtube channel for other video game stuff, and I've embedded the playlist below, check it!

#1 Posted by lordofultima (6279 posts) -

Finished up my Silent Hill 2 playthrough in record real life time, usually I procrastinate and blame everything on failing technology! Man, I love this game. This story is absolutely tragic, and I'd have it no other way. Although I got the "happy" ending, that isn't saying much in the realm of Silent Hill! 14 parts of madness, hilarity, horror, and all that other fun stuff, available at this here playlist! Feel free to browse my youtube channel for other video game stuff, and I've embedded the playlist below, check it!

#2 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -

I plan on playing through it for the first time this fall. I've heard nothing but good things and the HD release should make it that much better. 

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Eh, not a fan of the story. Sure, you have some decent characterization and symbolism and all that, but it's just so fucking slow. I really wished that there was more going on than there was.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Speaking of Silent Hill, I really wish the Silent Hill HD Collection was coming to 360. :(

#5 Posted by AURON570 (1677 posts) -

i'm actually almost finished watching a playthrough of silent hill1, so I'll be watching this after i get through that one. :)

#6 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3113 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

Speaking of Silent Hill, I really wish the Silent Hill HD Collection was coming to 360. :(

Wait, it's not?!   ....Fuck!
#7 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1247 posts) -

@Make_Me_Mad said:

@JJOR64 said:

Wait, it's not?! ....Fuck!

I was really bummed when I found this out as well.

I still pop in Silent Hill 2 at least once a year on my old Xbox. Fantastic game.

#8 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3113 posts) -
@UnsavedHero said:

@Make_Me_Mad said:

@JJOR64 said:

Wait, it's not?! ....Fuck!

I was really bummed when I found this out as well.

I still pop in Silent Hill 2 at least once a year on my old Xbox. Fantastic game.

3 is my favourite of the series, and I was extremely excited for an HD remake on the 360.  At least it's getting remade at all, but still... damn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.