Why Is Silent Hill 3 Cost This Much

#1 Edited by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -

So, I was browsing through my wishlist of games on Amazon and when I came across Silent Hill 3 I had to do a double take. Look at the price! Does anyone know of a reason why it would be selling for this much?

#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Its because its rare. Most rare games get marked up. Until the XBLA release, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was a solid 80 bucks

#3 Posted by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -

P.S. My English is FANTASTIC on the title...

#4 Posted by regularassmilk (1448 posts) -
@bizsumpark182 said:
" P.S. My English is FANTASTIC on the title... "
Yeah, haha, I read the title and was like "Ohh Fuck, not another Nazi" and then was totally dumbfounded by how clean and punctuated the post was.
#5 Posted by Eirikr (1009 posts) -

It doesn't go for that much on eBay -- a solid 15-20 bucks. That price is just another crazy Amazon merchant, or has a sealed copy.

#6 Edited by Hamst3r (4516 posts) -

I payed $45 for it in 2008*. I hate spending that much on games, which is why I love when Steam and Gog get the oldies I want. I hope Grim Fandango appears on one of those services soon for $10 or $15.

*I only buy new and sealed games.
#7 Posted by Fezz (442 posts) -

Is this new or used? 

#8 Posted by Derios (423 posts) -

hahahaahaha fantastic topic title.

#9 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I was worried you were that king_martin guy for a second.

#10 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

that's million bucks

#11 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -
@Fezz said:
" Is this new or used?  "
That would be the new price. If you look closely you'll see they have 28 used starting at $19.52. 

The only people that would pay that much for a new copy are collectors who will never play it. Honestly, it's stupid to pay that much for an old game if you just want to play it. You're better off hitting up Ebay or finding a used copy that works for cheap.
#12 Posted by whooping_crane (13 posts) -

When I saw the title I just had to click it. Then I saw that the post was perfectly normal and I was dissappointed.

#13 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

Holy Shit it's that much I should sell my copy.

#14 Posted by Bucketdeth (8023 posts) -

It's getting harder to find, meaning the price will increase with time.

#15 Posted by AndrewB (7668 posts) -

Ebay might be a better spot, but then again, if it really is rare, maybe not.

#16 Posted by bizsumpark182 (361 posts) -

I just personally don't see the game being that rare. And I'm sorry to disappoint everyone with my decent writing skills.

#17 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

Crud... 

I knew I should've bought that game 2 years ago when it was nearly half that price. Same goes for Super Mario RPG which is in the same boat, except I've seen prices for the latter that reach into the hundreds.
#18 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Well, at least you got the post itself right lol. ;)

I have a bunch of rare games that I have sold that got me a good amount of money, almost at or more than the price I bought it at. If you have any old Gamecube Mario Party games lying around, you can get upwards of $25 for each one today, even at Gamestop. This game is another example, albeit a bit more.

#19 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.