Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 16, 2012

This PlayStation Vita exclusive Silent Hill spin off is a top-down dungeon crawler populated by monsters taken from other Silent Hill games, including the iconic Pyramid Head. Features 4 player co-op.

A Silent Hill title to Feature Multiplayer?.. *hurl*

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    I can't even... I mean this is also on a portable console, so there's that slight reassurance to remind that this isn't exactly one of the primary titles. But even still... a Silent Hill game, just any Silent Hill game.. with multiplayer? There's literally no details what-so-ever, but Silent Hill is meant to be the soloest of solo experiences; it melds within you, trying to make your skin crawl on the inside, giving you dozens of themes and psychological A-Bombs to totally twist your head around. What's more, they're meant to be scary with the oft-destruction of reality, and any kind of extra player input will always detract from that. I suppose it also clearly won't be a traditional Silent Hill game, with the action/adventure/puzzlin' sequences, but if it still sticks to what most people resonate with Silent Hill (again, the mind-fuckery, the manipulation, the isolated and convoluted story-lines), then multiplayer will stand as something far more disturbing and menacing a concept than anything the series has conjured up before. 

The series has been stuck in a really nasty ditch right now, and adding any sort of multiplayer is far from what they should be thinking up to improve the franchise.
    Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wow.  
    You've said most of what needs to be said. 
    That's just hilarious. 
    MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeGosot

I was interested in this, thinking that they would make the multiplayer a unique experience. But then i saw the video. This just sucks.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By soldierg654342

@Abyssfull said:

The series has been stuck in a really nasty ditch right now, and adding any sort of multiplayer is far from what they should be thinking up to improve the franchise.

A grave is a certain kind of ditch, I suppose.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Kiemoe

That looks bad, and I agree with you. But the "Silent Hill team" just doesn't exist anymore. The teams working on this game aren't ever going to do it the way we want them to, because they are just different people with different ideas. Maybe this game will be awesome in a different way? Probably not, from the look of it, but maybeeee?

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By core1065
    @Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Wow.  You've said most of what needs to be said. That's just hilarious. 

I just threw up in my mouth...
    Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrikk

Damn it, I wanted to actually pre-order this, but now... ugh. It just looks bad. I guess Silent Hill 3 is the last good one in the series.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Aren't there about a dozen of these types of games out on PSN/XBL for $10-$15, who is going to pay $40 for this just because they slapped "Silent Hill" on the box?

Probably too many.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Deranged

Hurl indeed.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

While I agree that multiplayer is not what the series needs, I do think that multiplayer could be interesting in a Silent Hill setting. A Dead Space 2 or Left 4 Dead style monsters versus people scenario could be fun, but it would have to be original and fun enough to distinguish it from those other games. Maybe something like SH: Shattered Memories where the humans just have to flee (or maybe hide, like in Amnesia) and are pursued by monsters.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaggE

I'm not one to go "OMG Y U MULTIPLAY!? GAME R RUIN!", but this really makes me think they've missed the point with this game. I don't know if the series can survive another bad installment...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

@ShaggE said:

I'm not one to go "OMG Y U MULTIPLAY!? GAME R RUIN!", but this really makes me think they've missed the point with this game. I don't know if the series can survive another bad installment...

It's basically all riding on Downpour. And while I can already tell it's not going to be the most refined game of the year, if it can at least pull through where it matters (the story, the atmosphere, the scares ect.) then the series may gradually improve from here and actually become somewhat relevant again.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShaggE

@Abyssfull said:

@ShaggE said:

It's basically all riding on Downpour. And while I can already tell it's not going to be the most refined game of the year, if it can at least pull through where it matters (the story, the atmosphere, the scares ect.) then the series may gradually improve from here and actually become somewhat relevant again.

Oops, thought this was about Downpour.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Akrid
    Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Akrid: I would rather pay $40 for another 4-5 hours of that than the actual game.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

We should all agree to go back to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. You make one great Silent Hill game since the series was at its apex (was that 2 or 3? I can't remember... I haven't even finished 2 yet), and then throw that progress out the window.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.