Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Downpour

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The eighth game in the esteemed survival-horror franchise sees convict Murphy Pendleton escape captivity and flee into the much greater danger of the cursed town of Silent Hill.

Silent Hill: Downpour Intro Song Revealed!

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#1  Edited By psykhophear

As you may have heard already, the upcoming Silent Hill: Downpour soundtrack is primarily been composed by Daniel Licht, best known for his work with the Dexter TV series. It marks the first Silent Hill game to not feature Akira Yamaoka, who was the series' original composer, sound director and producer. Yamaoka left Konami in 2009 and since then, fans have been outspoken of whether or not the series can still live on now that the last Team Silent member has left the building.

Just recently, Milan Records uploaded this intro song of Downpour. What do you guys think? Do you think it has that Silent Hill essence to it or it's just a forgettable tune and doesn't belong in the game? Let us know what you think!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Sounds pretty damn good to me. I could see myself with a drop of sweat falling from my chin as I engage in another section of delusional fear.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Definitely fits the silent Hill tone. Haunting ambience and melancholic rock pieces. More of that industrial slam would help it, but I think that was just Yamaoka's style. This is still really good, the game however looks like ass from all the preview material. If this does any better than Homecoming (and that's like sub-Silent Hill 3 material), I'll be surprised. 

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By soldierg654342

That...was actually pretty good. I'm pleasantly surprised.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By bicycleham

Definitely can hear the Dexter-esque feeling.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@Xolare said:

That's what I was going to say. I can easily envision this playing during a Dexter episode or something. It still sounds pretty good, if very different from Akira's work. But that's fine; it's best Daniel injects his own style rather than attempting to imitate Akira. Overall, I think it's fine. Nothing particularly noteworthy, though. It sounds more thriller movie-esque than haunting psychological horror, but I'm still curious to hear more of his work in Downpour.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By bicycleham

@Abyssfull said:

@Xolare said:

That's what I was going to say. I can easily envision this playing during a Dexter episode or something. It still sounds pretty good, if very different from Akira's work. But that's fine; it's best Daniel injects his own style rather than attempting to imitate Akira. Overall, I think it's fine. Nothing particularly noteworthy, though. It sounds more thriller movie-esque than haunting psychological horror, but I'm still curious to hear more of his work in Downpour.

If they throw in a character saying "Tonight's the night," I will die.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Morrow

I like it :)

But song-wise, "One more Soul to the Call" from SH: Homecoming is still my favourite.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By VanderSEXXX

It isn't bad at all. I'd personally welcome this new entry and will plan to buy the game when it comes out. :D

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Oldirtybearon

If there is one thing Daniel Licht has over Yamaoka, it's DAT BASS.

I'm feeling the sound he's going for, though. Downpour always looked interesting, but the sound was always going to have to take the game to Silent Hill standards. It sounds like they picked the right composer to try and make it happen.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BPRJCTX

@SirOptimusPrime: You talk as if Silent Hill 3 was a bad game, well it wasn't, it was fuckin' awesome, and in my opinion, the best one after 2.

But on topic, it definitely reminds me of his work on Dexter, but it still sounds different enough, that it won't make think of dexter, if i hear it in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.