Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Downpour

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

The eighth game in the esteemed survival-horror franchise sees convict Murphy Pendleton escape captivity and flee into the much greater danger of the cursed town of Silent Hill.

So i didn't like homecomeing. Would i not like this game?

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By punisherkaos

So i loved silent hill 1-4 and playing the hd collection (as shotty as that port may be) reminded me just how much i loved this series and would really want to try and get back into it. However the last game homecomeing didn't keep my interest at all so i was wondering if this was any better then that or if they managed to make a much better game this time? Just wondering if anyone who has played both games can give me some insight on how similar they are?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

I've played through both. I think they are very very different games.

That being... Homecoming was mediocre and Downpour is a good entry in the SH franchise. I thought it was pretty good start to finish with a couple of issues that hold it back a little. (that's my extremely short review)

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By solarisdeschain

Downpour has more in common with Shattered Memories than Homecoming, and even then it's still mostly its own thing. What it does have in common with Homecoming it does much, much better.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Coafi

Yes, play this game if you are short on cash at least give it a rent. This is one of the better Silent Hill games we've seen in the last couple of years, don't go with the highest expectations, and you'll probably like the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.