Silent Hill HD 360 patch cancelled

#1 Posted by Shivoa (625 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-09-silent-hill-hd-collection-patch-canned-for-xbox-360

According to Konami, the patch was "cancelled due to technical issues and resources."

Just a reminder to everyone that you have rights as consumers and if a product sold is defective then you have the right to demand a full refund. Don't accept this kind of thing if you got a glitchy game and held on because a patch was coming. If you are told you cannot get a refund then talk to your local equivalent of the Citizens Advice Bureaux about what rights you have to recourse based on being sold a faulty product. It's only because they think they can get away with it that Konami is doing this, make your voice heard by getting your money back and pointing to this reason if required to explain your return.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

Super gross. Man, how does a major publisher release a title and then just leave everyone to dangle in the wind like that?

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#4 Posted by NegativeCero (2996 posts) -

Already posted in the News section, but yeah, this is messed up.

#5 Posted by Chaoskiller2000 (306 posts) -

That is so wrong! I am glad I did not buy it but I feel bad for those who did. Not a good way to treat paying customers who also buy other products from your company.

#6 Edited by Shivoa (625 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Read da news!

My bad.

Edit: mod messages to clean up the mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.