Super HD Play Time with Lauren & Dave - Silent Hill HD Collection

Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

We're testing out my new mic and hd pvr and attempting to do a Let's Play video. Let me know what you guys think.

Things I already know;

• It needs a better editing - I'm learnings
  • It ends abruptly - this is because it's a 15 minute sampler from a 30 min take. it's a test at the end of the day
  • less laughing - I laugh too much
  • more funny - I'm not witty enough

What do you think though as a first try?

#1 Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

We're testing out my new mic and hd pvr and attempting to do a Let's Play video. Let me know what you guys think.

Things I already know;

• It needs a better editing - I'm learnings
  • It ends abruptly - this is because it's a 15 minute sampler from a 30 min take. it's a test at the end of the day
  • less laughing - I laugh too much
  • more funny - I'm not witty enough

What do you think though as a first try?

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

@atheistium: Just finished watching the first 15 minuutes and I think the only complaint I have is that the game volume is a little too low my personal liking. Everything else seems what one would expect from LP's (and I watch a lot of those) and yeah, the mic quality is nice and clear. Don't worry too much about being witty or anything since that's really more of a bonus rather then the meat and the potatoes of LP's. That aside, subscribed.

#3 Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

Thanks for the feedback

We're trying to do more ^^

#4 Posted by ZagZagovich (737 posts) -

It's pretty good but there are a few things you guys could do better. It is pretty important to focus on the game, speaking off topic is fine but if you do it too much the game becomes inconsequential. Try to follow the cutscenes and you should be fine. Game sound is a bit low but you guys sound great. Video quality is fine too. Keep it up! By the way great to hear you do stuff. Been listening since podcastle days and was really bummed when it ended.

#5 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

No offence but that was a horrendous grind to watch.

#6 Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach: No offence taken. Any specific criticism would be great rather than just a complaint though ;-)

#7 Posted by atheistium (352 posts) -

@ZagZagovich: Thank you :) Yeah, it's our first go at it. We need to keep giving it a try xD

#8 Posted by ZagZagovich (737 posts) -

@atheistium:

Oh, Forgot to add. There is an another good technique that people do to fill the dead air and stay on topic. Get some behind the scenes information on the game (or this version of the game). Maybe some cut concepts or things that inspired scenes or elements of the game. There is a lot of information about Silent Hill games so it shouldn't be that hard. You might be surprised but there are a lot of people that haven't played even the popular video games so any information you give will be new to someone. People usually watch LP of games they don't want to play themselves for one reason or another. Try to show off the game as well as you can.

#9 Posted by Jaytow (673 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach: Well that's not very nice, is it?

I thought it was a good first attempt, keep at it.

#10 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6067 posts) -

Meh. :|

#11 Posted by AndyRoo (2 posts) -

I quite liked it. But then I could listen to people talking in British accents for hours about anything and not get bored, so perhaps I am not the person to judge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.