Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

The second and third Silent Hill games come to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Silent Hill HD Collection with new high-definition graphics and voice acting.

Where's new patch?

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiots

I thought they were fixing issues on ps3 patch did nothing

justinsimonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By justinsimonin

seriously, wasnt the patch 280mb+? I played both 2 and 3 pre-patch for at least a couple of hours and post-patch I dont think there was ANY noticeable difference *sigh

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By handlas

I dunno...

I beat SH2 just fine. There was some framerate dips here and there; mostly when you are outside. A few sound hitches where you would hear an enemy swing or a person speak and then it would do the animation several seconds later.

Yes, it's pretty dumb that an old game has these problems, but it was perfectly playable and enjoyable imo.

P.S.... I wouldn't count on another patch.

edit: Well I've started SH3. It seems to be much worse on the framerate. Just in the mall areas with not much going on it's almost in slow-mo. Pretty crappy. I'll play it regardless tho.

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vidiots

@handlas said:

I dunno...

I beat SH2 just fine. There was some framerate dips here and there; mostly when you are outside. A few sound hitches where you would hear an enemy swing or a person speak and then it would do the animation several seconds later.

Yes, it's pretty dumb that an old game has these problems, but it was perfectly playable and enjoyable imo.

P.S.... I wouldn't count on another patch.

edit: Well I've started SH3. It seems to be much worse on the framerate. Just in the mall areas with not much going on it's almost in slow-mo. Pretty crappy. I'll play it regardless tho.

Im just gonna sell it and get 360 copy.

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vidiots

@justinsimonin said:

seriously, wasnt the patch 280mb+? I played both 2 and 3 pre-patch for at least a couple of hours and post-patch I dont think there was ANY noticeable difference *sigh

None

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By CounterShock

It's ridiculous that these HD ports require patches, you think it would be pretty simple to upres PS2 games and add trophies. Unless there is something i'm missing here, these collections shouldn't be busted like this.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By StrikeALight

@CounterShock said:

It's ridiculous that these HD ports require patches, you think it would be pretty simple to upres PS2 games and add trophies. Unless there is something i'm missing here, these collections shouldn't be busted like this.

The EU version didn't require patching or include any of the nasty problems US peeps seem to be having.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By killacam

@handlas said:

Well I've started SH3. It seems to be much worse on the framerate. Just in the mall areas with not much going on it's almost in slow-mo. Pretty crappy. I'll play it regardless tho.

that sounds horrible!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas

@killacam said:

@handlas said:

Well I've started SH3. It seems to be much worse on the framerate. Just in the mall areas with not much going on it's almost in slow-mo. Pretty crappy. I'll play it regardless tho.

that sounds horrible!

indeed it is... I'm finding it much worse than SH2. In rooms where you run into those tall lanky monsters it slows down big time.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By benspyda

Wow, that sucks. Those games are cool and hearing these issues put me off grabbing it.

kosayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kosayn

All that is different about the EU versions is including the PS3 patch rather than downloading it. That, and their purchase > denial > disappointment > resignation cycle started at a later time than ours, so some folks there will still deny there are any problems with the game.

CommonReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By CommonReason

Still waiting on patch 2 as well. I was playing 3 recently and got the animation bug that made characters appear to be sliding across the floor. For a game that focuses on immersion and atmosphere, it just broke my enjoyment quite a bit.

kosayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kosayn

If you want to see some detail of the glitches, follow the link.

- There is NO SUCH THING as a non buggy version of this product, EU / 360 / newer console - play the product and you'll have bugs!

- All PS3 versions have more lag running around. Patch 1.01 doesn't fix it.

- Patches cost $40k. if you want a patch, you're going to need to motivate their customer support to give a damn. The actual developer has no website. Tomm Hulett won't talk about it anymore now that it's gone to market. Most vendors won't refund you, especially at this point. If you want anything good to come out of this debacle, send mail to customersupport@kde-us.com.

http://foraworkingsilenthillhd.tumblr.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.