Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 30, 2008

This installment of Silent Hill sees a new character, Alex Shepherd, returning home from military service to find his family in disarray. To save his brother, Josh, he must enter the macabre town of Silent Hill.

A good survival horror game?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64

With the Endurance Run taking over people's lives again, like mine, it's getting me into the mood to play a good survival horror game.  So I ask my fellow Bombers this question; is this game worth checking out?  I've heard some good things and bad things about the game, but over all I heard the game was solid.  The game is only $20 now and I thought it would be worth getting since it's at a budget price.  I could check out Shattered Memories, but it's still $50 and I'm a poor man right now.

Worth $20?
    Worth $20?
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

If you haven't played any SH games before you will probably like it, if you have there is a good change you won't.

As a game Shattered Memories is much better. But from this generation apart from Dead Space, there isn't much else. If you have a ps3 you can always check Siren: Blood Curse too.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yes, I found Homecoming to be a very good game, despite it's flaws. Honestly, it's one of my favorite in the series. The combat system might take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty fun. $20 is a good price for the game, too. I'd definitely go for it.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By nail1080

Fun game. Good music, only ok atmosphere, it has nothing on Silent Hill 2 but it's still worth playing. Cool unlockables and a satisfying 1000 to get.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By spankingaddict

if its 20$, buy it.......

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Funzzo

Game is shit. Get silent hill 2 or 3 if you have a pc or PS2. Homecoming was a broken game when it came out. I hope they patched it. It will never be worth 20 bucks.
    Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hilbert

You can not have heard good things about this game.. 

Its a very cheaply made game, they recycled everything and apart from a few polygons more this could easily be mistaken for a ps2 game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.