Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 30, 2008

This installment of Silent Hill sees a new character, Alex Shepherd, returning home from military service to find his family in disarray. To save his brother, Josh, he must enter the macabre town of Silent Hill.

The controls are fucking shitty...

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

I wish the old controls would return. I'm talking about the "tank" controls. I hate the strafe feature; this isn't Max Payne. Why couldn't they just keep the tank controls and simply add a 180-turn?

Anyways, I want to play through this game badly, but it's too frustrating for me to continue. I'm at the Hotel (first time you enter Silent Hill) and each time I encounter an enemy sauf the Nurses (what the hell are they doing there anyway?) I just want to throw the controller at my TV. The "fog" monster (pulled straight from the movie) seem to hit me whatever I do. Whether I am in front, on the sides or behind them they'll hit me. It's the same with those things with blades as feet. They block all of my attacks (even bullets!) and just keep hammering at me. I fall down, go back up and I don,t even have the time to do anything that I'm down again. I don,t know if I'm the one who can't play right or if the guys behind the game fucked up bad, but please give me some pointers or else I'm never touching this game again.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

It's Silent Hill.

Of course the controls are shitty.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

You should have read the actual post, Biff. AuthenticM liked the old controls (as do I) and wanted them back (as I will probably too.)

There's nurses in the Hotel? What the hell?

Avatar image for aneternalenigma
    AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

Use. The. Knife.

Seriously, I was screaming at this game constantly because of the combat until I realized the little measley knife absolutely wrecks everyone's shit. As long as you spam the fuck out of the A button with the knife, it's rare you'll get hit because the knife is so fast. I can obliterate those 5 nurses in Fitch's office now without getting scraped.

The only thing this spam-the-knife strategy doesn't work against is the Schisms. Dodge their attack (they telegraph it by bowing up), and then do a A-A-X combo on them. Rinse, repeat.

Also remember: The enemies will never simultaneously attack you. They just sit back and watch until it's their turn.

I'm also a longtime fan that loved the tank controls. I know it's frustrating at first, but once you breakthrough and realize the knife is the bringer of pain, you'll wonder why you ever had a problem to begin with.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AuthenticM
    AnEternalEnigma said:
    "Use. The. Knife.

Seriously, I was screaming at this game constantly because of the combat until I realized the little measley knife absolutely wrecks everyone's shit. As long as you spam the fuck out of the A button with the knife, it's rare you'll get hit because the knife is so fast. I can obliterate those 5 nurses in Fitch's office now without getting scraped.

The only thing this spam-the-knife strategy doesn't work against is the Schisms. Dodge their attack (they telegraph it by bowing up), and then do a A-A-X combo on them. Rinse, repeat.

Also remember: The enemies will never simultaneously attack you. They just sit back and watch until it's their turn.

I'm also a longtime fan that loved the tank controls. I know it's frustrating at first, but once you breakthrough and realize the knife is the bringer of pain, you'll wonder why you ever had a problem to begin with."
    Yeah, I just read that on GameFAQs. The knife is apparently the best weapon in the entire game. Alright, I'm going to give it another shot. Thanks.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

lol @ hermit gamers criticizing games for making progress.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Randolph
    Jayge said:
    "lol @ hermit gamers criticizing games for making progress."
    Progress for a series at the cost of it's identity and soul isn't worth making.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    Randolph said:
    "Jayge said:
    "lol @ hermit gamers criticizing games for making progress."
    Progress for a series at the cost of it's identity and soul isn't worth making."
    A game's identity is hardly an identity when comprised of bad control setups. That's a weak argument.
    Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Randolph

Thats the thing about opinions Jayge, they don't always match up.  Sucks, don't it?  I suppose that could mean we do the whole internet argument thing, and go into a thinly veiled slap fight of get the last word in, but I'm just too old to care about that shit anymore.  You can have it.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate

Can i Haz it>?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.