Anyone play both PS2 and Wii versions?

#1 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

So my Wii is busted at the moment and I am about to just break down and get this for my PS2, I'm sure the experience is more tailored for the Wii, but is the anything lost in the port?

#2 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2173 posts) -

Played my friends Wii version and bought the PS2 version the next day and the only major difference I noticed is the obvious lack of a wiimote. There is one thing I can't fully explain: The door opening animation stutters for maybe half a second, mainly when transitioning between indoor and outdoor environments, but it hardly caused any trouble.  The PS2 version also costs less so if you're short on cash that might be a good option. 

That being said, if you can wait for your Wii to be fixed, I suggest you get that. It is, without a doubt, the best version.

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -
#4 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Oh, interesting. I didn't expect the PS2 version to look noticably worse. It seems like they scaled down drawing distance, texture size, some effects (mirroring) and de-polyd some of the environments. 

Still looks very much like the same game minus the awesome controls, though.

#5 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3239 posts) -

I'm getting a PS2 pretty much for Silent Hill games and all of the love for this game really made me excited.

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

0:30

He gets scared about nothing in the PS2 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.