Climax on Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Sequel

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Climax, developers of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, have expressed interest in developing a sequel to the game. 

Speaking to Official Nintendo Magazine UK:

We've always loved working on the series. Since Origins we've spent a lot of time with the series. For us we felt we've put our stamp on the series with Shattered Memories so we'd love the opportunity to do another one. So everybody go and buy it! 

Sam Barlow, Lead Designer  

I think this is the first Silent Hill since one or two where people are saying it has its own identity and people are responding to it really well so it would be great to take that further. 

Mark Simmons, Game Director 

Hopefully the game will sell sufficient units on Wii for a sequel to be made. I'm only about half way into the game - it's alright but nothing special IMO. 
#2 Posted by Kojdog (74 posts) -

Brad mentioned waking up with night terrors from playing this game.  That made me not want to play the game.  Do you have any thoughts on Brad's night terrors?  Should I not worry about it because Brad is overly feminized due to consumption of plastic wrapped estrogen infused products or is it really going to F with me worse than a smack craving?

#3 Posted by Witty_Hatter (32 posts) -
@Kojdog: I don't think you have to worry. If you played the previous games you do fine but if not I think you may get a nightmare but if you do I'll call that a good thing.
#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

A Shattered Memories sequel would be great. I was just thinking how a shattered memories universe could grow. Not only on the Wii mind you, but on all consoles.

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7565 posts) -

I'd personally love to see Climax do another SIlent Hill game. I freaking love the direction they took with it.

#6 Posted by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

Wasn't Shatttered Memories based off the first game? Maybe a sequel will be based off of Silent Hill 2... 

OMG! I WOULD DIE!

#7 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" Wasn't Shatttered Memories based off the first game? Maybe a sequel will be based off of Silent Hill 2...  OMG! I WOULD DIE! "
Jizz.
#8 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Oh for  Christs Sake! I was fucking sure Linky was back again when I saw his red name pop up on the front page.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.