Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

Dude the podcast hyped me for this game.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I'm on the verge of buying a Wii just to play this game. Am I crazy? Hearing how mind fucked Brad was after playing it makes me smile. Just how good is this experience?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

I don't think it's one of those games good enough to sell a system if it's the only game you're interested in for it. It's also really short, depending on just how many times you're willing to play through it to see all the different ways things can play out. Still, for what it is, it's an awesome game that I hope gets iterated on in one form or another, be it through the next Silent Hill game or another game of that type.

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Lilarcor

No, I agree. I'm also super interested in picking this up after hearing Brad talking about how great it was, and the last Wii game I bought was Punch-Out.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By scarace360

Dude i got soooo hyped I'm going to buy it tomorrow. I wonder how it ends. Please don't tell me how it ends.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

It's a game I'd want to purchase and make someone else play it for me while I watch.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rallier

I really want to play it but i know that it will scare the living hell out of me. Pressing the start new game button will scare me...

Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Green_Incarnate

It made Brad scream in his sleep, damn it. Sounds awesome.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

This game will fuck your head in every way possible. I don't think you should get a Wii just for it though, see if there are any other games you're interested in, if not, just play it at a friend's house or something. 

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Duder*

Always go with the duder.

Also, I too am interested in this game.  Too bad it's waaaaay more money than I'm willing to spend on a Wii game currently.

Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Green_Incarnate

My bad duder. Anyways, No More Heroes always sounded good too. I regret not ever having played it.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon
    @Black_Rose said:
    " This game will fuck your head in every way possible. I don't think you should get a Wii just for it though, see if there are any other games you're interested in, if not, just play it at a friend's house or something.  "
    Yeah, this. The game is great, but spending over $200 on it is a little much.
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @Green_Incarnate said:
    " My bad duder. Anyways, No More Heroes always sounded good too. I regret not ever having played it. "
    No More Heroes is a fantastic game.  It's a toss up between that game and Metroid Prime 3 for my Wii game of the forever.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meowayne

DO NOT GO INTO THIS GAME EXPECTING A HUGE, SHOCKING TWIST ENDING.

Seriously, the game is brilliant, it will mess with your head, and the ending is wonderfully told, but do yourself a favour and do not play this game because of the "mind-blowing" factor. It is not what you might think it is.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Meowayne

On a related note, can someone give me the time mark for when they are talking about the game? Its the only thing that would interest me in the podcast.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGremp
    @rjayb89 said:
    " It's a game I'd want to purchase and make someone else play it for me while I watch. "
    This.  The gameplay doesn't interest me at all, but the concept is just so intriguing.  I would love to have a mini endurance run with this game.
    k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By k9

If you are that curious then just watch a walkthrough of the entire game. Though it does contain commentary by the game player that you may or may not find annoying. Also, do not read the youtube comments, because many of them talk about the ending of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.