Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

First Trailer

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r
    "Probing everything from how easily you make friends to whether you've ever role-played during sex, even these early questions have a radical effect on Silent Hill's opening few sequences. State that you're fond of a drink and the game replaces the town's diner with a bar. We also noted our answers affected whether an early store location sold electrical goods or clothing – each permutation featuring unique puzzles – and if our first character encounter occurred with a cop or a waitress. Even conversations take on a different tone – from perfectly pleasant to outwardly aggressive - and answer phone messages switch from inquisitive to thoroughly menacing. It all goes a long way to ensuring your experience is relentlessly, refreshingly, unpredictable and you're never at ease with your surroundings."

So, those early assumptions about Cybil  were corect...
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

You just made MB happy.

The girl at the end sounded like a little sister. I'm still very interested in this game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

That wasn't my intention...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne

So, those early assumptions about Cybil  were corect...

I told you so.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

Looks awesome. I haven't ever played more than a few minutes of a silent Hill game, but they have always intrigued me.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Sounds awesome, those subtle changes to dialogue and environment should make for a cool experience. Looks cool too, hopefully we will see actual gameplay at E3 though, particularly the evade mechanic.That sounds good on paper, but I need to see it in action to know if it's as good as they imply it is.  Looking forward to seeing more of this at E3, it could be the genuine horror fix that Wii owners are seeking, it's certainly looking that way.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

I like the transition to the nightmare world effect. The engine sounds pretty impressive with all the information we knew, especially the no-loading stuff and real-time shadows for everything, and now this real-time transition. It lends to some potentially very cool scenes. Good stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.