greatest ending of 2009

#1 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories's UFO ending

#2 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself

#3 Posted by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -

holy crap I thought this was a joke, but this is really in the game.

#4 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Wat?! They have the UFO ending like the first bunch?!  
Okay, I'm am totally going to FAQ this while I still have it rented.

#5 Edited by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -

quoted from youtube video:

To get the "UFO Ending" you must 1st beat the game once, then on the same save slot, call 555-3825 to activate the quest, then you have to find and photograph 13 UFO's all over Silent Hill; you must photograph ALL 13 to get the "UFO Ending"

Edit: Also noticed the Triforce sitting on the shelf in that ending. Weird.

#6 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

get it the shiba said my moms a bitch hahaha
the whole ending is just great

#7 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

I am utterly and totally confused. 

#8 Posted by Bones8677 (3248 posts) -

Wait, was that supposed to be Heather? If so, why isn't she a blonde? Also, where's Henry???

And if this game's Harry Mason actually isn't Harry Mason, then is this a remake or a sequel? What is going on? God, I don't like it when stories in games throw those kinds of curve balls, because they make absolutely no sense. 

Take Alone in the Dark (the recent one) Same title, same character, and yet it references the first game, so we have Alone in the Dark, and then it's sequel...Alone in the Dark.

Wolfenstein also did this same thing. If you're gonna remake something, then remake it, if you're gonna reboot something then reboot it, don't directly reference past events otherwise that creates a paradox, and plotholes the size of Texas!!!

#9 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@Bones8677: It's not a remake, it's only real similarity is the names of characters and the first initial situation. Outside of that it's a whole new game with a whole new story.
#10 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:

" Wait, was that supposed to be Heather? If so, why isn't she a blonde? Also, where's Henry???  And if this game's Harry Mason actually isn't Harry Mason, then is this a remake or a sequel? What is going on? God, I don't like it when stories in games throw those kinds of curve balls, because they make absolutely no sense.   Take Alone in the Dark (the recent one) Same title, same character, and yet it references the first game, so we have Alone in the Dark, and then it's sequel...Alone in the Dark.  Wolfenstein also did this same thing. If you're gonna remake something, then remake it, if you're gonna reboot something then reboot it, don't directly reference past events otherwise that creates a paradox, and plotholes the size of Texas!!! "

#11 Posted by Bones8677 (3248 posts) -
@Driadon: So then it's either a sidequel or a parallel. 

Huh, I guess "sidequel," and "parallel" don't sound like good marketing terms, so they just went with "reboot."
#12 Posted by Bones8677 (3248 posts) -
@trophyhunter: Oh trust me, I know it's a joke ending. I've seen them all as well as all the let's plays for the games. I just didn't know if that was supposed to be Cheryl because that's not how the original game ended. I figured this new game would end the same way the original game did, and we would get Heather, not Cheryl.
#13 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Driadon said:

" @Bones8677: It's not a remake, it's only real similarity is the names of characters and the first initial situation. Outside of that it's a whole new game with a whole new story. "

#14 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@Bones8677: If it was a reboot, I doubt they'd put "Shattered Memories" as a title. They've said many-a-time that it was a "reimagining".
#15 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:

" @Bones8677: It's not a remake, it's only real similarity is the names of characters and the first initial situation. Outside of that it's a whole new game with a whole new story. "

"
The only thing I can counter with is: Silent Hill 3.
#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:

"
The only thing I can counter with is: Silent Hill 3. "
well your thinking to hard then XD
#17 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Ignore bones, "a good wii game" is a concept that doesn't exist in his world, so his cerebral lobes throw up weird stuff.

#18 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:

"
well your thinking to hard then XD "
Hahaha. It doesn't matter anyway. The only games where chronological order mattered was 1 and 3.
#19 Posted by newmarcom (296 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @Driadon said:

"
well your thinking to hard then XD "
Hahaha. It doesn't matter anyway. The only games where chronological order mattered was 1 and 3. "
It can also be said that the Silent Hill timeline had split ala Legend of Zelda. Silent Hill 3 took one path (Harry Mason survived Silent Hill 1) and Shattered Memories took the other (Harry Mason died in Silent Hill 1).
#20 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

we are getting off track now I just thought this was funny is all

#21 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

That' pretty good...but....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.