My fucking profile was erased!!!

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3788 posts) -

Oh my god... I get to the amusement park and get the glitch in which your arm get "stuck" in the air and you have to restart. I last saved at the mall, right after the nightmare. So I do everything back, including the nightmare in the Pawn Shop. I get back to the amusement park, try do view the pictures on my cell phone and the game tells me they are "corrupted" and asks me if I want to delete them. I say "yes". The game freezes. I restart the game and what do I notice... my profile is not there anymore. Gone. Fuck this game.

#2 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Wow, that blows. I had the weird arm-freeze bug once, but a restart (seemingly) cleared it all up.

#4 Posted by yeahno (269 posts) -

For all we know THIS COULD BE PART OF THE GAME.
OOOOOOOOOOOO 
"You don't fuck the game, the game fucks YOU"

#5 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

THIS GAME PLAYS YOU....  (caps).

#6 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Thats sucks man. I haven't had a save erase on my since A Link to the Past on the SNES.  I guess I've been lucky.

#7 Posted by AuthenticM (3788 posts) -

Man... I really wanted to finish this game. Brad got me all excited over it. :sigh: I don't know... should I redo all that I've done? It took my over 10 hours...

#8 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -
@yeahno said:
" For all we know THIS COULD BE PART OF THE GAME. OOOOOOOOOOOO  "You don't fuck the game, the game fucks YOU" "
Eternal Darkness actually pulled this trick for real- pretending it deleted our saves, amongst other weird things.
#9 Posted by yeahno (269 posts) -

you haven't finished it yet after ten hours? I think you should play it again but do everything differently. That way it won't seem like you're replaying ten hours.

#10 Posted by Driadon (3012 posts) -

That's shitty but, dude, this game could be beaten in 3 hours. Go back and play it again you'll get there in no time.

#11 Posted by AuthenticM (3788 posts) -

So I restarted the game. It took me two hours and a half to beat it (lol). What a great ending! Totally wasn't expecting it.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21731 posts) -

...or IS it really gone? 

Maybe you should've painted the house blue...

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22290 posts) -
@cstrang said:
"THIS GAME PLAYS YOU....  (caps). "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.