Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 08, 2009

An icy re-imagining of the classic Silent Hill, which trades weapons for frantic chase sequences as the player tries desperately to flee pursuing enemies. It takes on more of an adventure game format than traditional survival-horror.

Silent Hill Reborn On The Wii With Shattered Memories

• 54 results
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Meowayne
    MannAlive said:
    How much lady cop cleavage does it take to show us how cynically they are approaching this game?"
    I'm confused about the confusion about that cleavage picture. Silent Hill has always been full of sexual references (some more open than others), and there has always been such portrayal of female characters, especially when they could be connected to the subconciousness of the male protagonists.
    Lisa in the PSX Silent Hill is made explicitly attractive to arouse Harry's interest and sympathy to hinder his progress.
    I won't even mention what's going on in James Sunderlands head.

We have already seen "regular" pictures of Cybil, and we have also been told that manny things, including the clothing of characters, depend on the player's actions and decisions. So who knows what that specific image is about, and in what context it appears?

Maybe they really had Cybil appearing like that in Harry's memory (after all, the game is told as a series of flashbacks) based on certain decisions you made or answers you gave earlier? That would indicate a very interesting game design, and no "cynical approach" at all.

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By dvorak

I completely agree with Brad on the Wii's lack of anything I could care about at all. I have all three of the current gen systems and the Wii is the only one that's essentially completely unused. I'm not even sure exactly where it is. It never seems worth it to actually keep it hooked up, because there's maybe one thing a month that makes me even think about the fact that I have one.

If the whole game has original concepts like these though, I'll definitely check it out.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Meowayne

dvorak: It's difficult finding games to like if you never turn the console on, in the belief that there are no games to like.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yip yip looks awesome.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By The_A_Drain

Meowayne: I suggest you take Disaster: Day of Crisis off that list, it's truly abominable by any standard. I've never denied the Wii has some good games, but jesus christ if people have to look to that, you might as well throw the console out the window, it's almost unplayably bad. We played it back at Eurogamer Expo in london last year, and it was like being poked in the eye and told I should be grateful for it. It's not as bad, but the same applies to Deadly Creatures, my housemate played that through recently and the idea falls really short of it's potential, the combat mechanics are some of the worst i've seen in a long time, it has an interesting story though but I wouldn't count it as a game to look forward to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.