Thinking About Getting This Game

#1 Posted by 5socks5 (189 posts) -

I am really interested in this game. I saw Brad's two quick looks and read the review and it interests me greatly. I like the idea of being psychologically profiled. However, I am easily scared and creeped out. Even the quick looks scared me.  

What do you people think? I usually enjoy being scared but this experience was different for me.

#2 Posted by ITgeek (18 posts) -

I personally did not think the game was overly scary. More creepy than anything else. But, if the nightmare sequences in the quick look freaked you out, you may want to hold off on this one. Because they make up a big chunk of the game. Have you played any other survival horror games that you liked?

I really enjoyed the game, and I have not been a fan of the Silent Hill games in the past. Unfortunately, I guess you are asking kind of a subjective question. But I hope this helps in making your decision.

#3 Posted by AuthenticM (3706 posts) -

Get it, it's awesome.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Get it its awsome
#5 Posted by Driadon (2996 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" Get it, it's awesome. "
@scarace360 said:
" Get it its awsome "

Pretty much this. 
There are high intensity moments with the nightmare sequences, but you learn what you need to do in them rather quickly. From then on, it's all about the atmosphere.
#6 Posted by Nasar7 (2611 posts) -
@ITgeek said:
" I personally did not think the game was overly scary. More creepy than anything else. But, if the nightmare sequences in the quick look freaked you out, you may want to hold off on this one. Because they make up a big chunk of the game. Have you played any other survival horror games that you liked? I really enjoyed the game, and I have not been a fan of the Silent Hill games in the past. Unfortunately, I guess you are asking kind of a subjective question. But I hope this helps in making your decision. "
Pretty much this. But then that's the point, right? If it helps, you aren't in constant 'danger' in this game, the scary bits are well-defined and when you're not in them monsters are not going to come after you.
#7 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Shattered Memories is probably the least scary horror game in existence. So if that is your reason to be hesitant, don't be. Most of the time, you're completely safe. And if you have a good sense of direction and/or use your map a lot, and don't make exaggerated motions, the nightmare sequences aren't very difficult either.

#8 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

Still witing for this game to release in EU, and reading all the responses makes me want it even more... i think its out the 19th so i can't wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.