briaooon9's Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii) review

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories oh how you piss me off...

God damn does this game have some crappy mechanics that lead to some of the most frustrating shit I have gone through in gaming in a long time!

First off I am a fan of the Silent Hill series, I have not played everyone but at least 3/4 of them. I decided to play Shattered Memories because of the good buzz on the internets and game blogs/podcast/etc. I still have Homecoming on my 360 in my pile of shame but the Wii mechanics and psycho therapy that the game offered was to different for me to resist.

I'm a completionist so it is hard for me to not finish a game unless it is way to hard or just plain shitty, there were several times that I was ready to hang it up with Shattered Memories. The nightmare sequences are just brutal and stupid, I love not having any weapons and just ruining but not being able to see shit and looping gamers in circles is not fun and just bad game play, design, whatever the fuck you want to call it. The therapy sessions were ok but it was hard for me to notice the different outcomes from them. It got to the point where I just used Gamefaqs to get me through the game (thank you Kellexx for the guide), being tired of stupid puzzles and crap shadows and janky controls.

With all that said I still liked the game, yeah... I don't know what the hell is wrong with me either? The ending is very good and the rest of the story did push me through the game. If they keep making Silent Hill games in this fashion it would be a very good thing, just with a little more polish & thought and gamers will be good to go in the crapping your pants department of Silent Hill lore ;)