Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Silent Hill

Franchise »

Silent Hill is a survival horror game franchise that revolves around the tourist town of Silent Hill; its dark link with the occult and its co-existence with its two other-dimensional forms, "Otherworld" and "Nowhere".

Your Favorite and Least Favorite Silent Hill Games?

psykhophear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 142

#1  Edited By psykhophear

No Caption Provided

I'm sure everyone agrees that the first four Silent Hill games are the best in the series while the other ones that were not developed by the original Team Silent well...some have good qualities in them while others are just not worthy of the title. So what's your favorite and least favorite Silent Hill games (You can only choose one Silent Hill game per entry)? 

My favorite Silent Hill game is got to be Silent Hill 3. It's got amazing graphics that look really scary and fantastic in its own right, even scarier than the latest Silent Hill games in my opinion. I just love watching the environments from the rusty looking deco of the Nightmare World to the creepy halls of the Church. The soundtrack is probably my favorite too out of all the Silent Hill games because of this one awesome song called I Want Love (Studio Mix). Even though the game has a lot less ending than its predecessors and the voice acting is pretty bad but overall, it's a satisfying package. The story is great and the scare meter is right there. 

My least favorite is Silent Hill: 0rigins because it had a lot of potential to be a hit game but unfortunately, it came out short. The characters are boring, the connection between each character is flat, the gameplay is repetitive and the protagonist's dark past isn't told very well. Also, despite being called a prequel to the original Silent Hill, the game doesn't really feel like a prequel at all. It shoots out a few history lessons here and there but not enough to make it interesting. Aside from its impressive library of unlockable items and fun fistfights, 0rigins is a total letdown for me.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

I liked the sequels but that first Silent Hill game was just mind blowing the first time I played it.  I think it was the first video game to ever give me nightmares. It made me creeped out by something so mundane as static because that meant those creepy pterodactyl things or inside out dogs were close by to wreck my shit and all I had was a rusty pipe and a handgun with 3 bullets.   My least favorite is probable the arcade game because it is a sub par House of the Dead clone.    

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By obcdexter

Tough decision to make, but for my favorite I'd probably go with the original Silent Hill. Scariest game experience ever, especially since I was fairly young at the time (about 13) and was used to
    the far more action and jump-scares oriented Resident Evil.
    My least favorite is easily Homecoming. It couldn't deliver on anything except maybe decent monster design and, of course, a great soundtrack. Didn't care for any of the characters or the plot.
    It just didn't click for me.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rawrz

Silent Hill 2

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Silent Hill 2 is the best 

Homecoming is the worst  

Simple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.